Pictures

Chapter 18

Emmi's pov

I sat on the hospital bed watching Tangled. Maya was released about 3 days ago and went back to school. I wasn't yet sadly. But I'm bored here! Shawn was over on the other chair working.

"Shawn?" I asked.

He looked up, "Yeah?" he asked.

"Can you tell me a story?" I asked. He smiled and walked over to me. I moved over and he sat down on my bed.

"Is it long?" I asked with hope that it was. He nodded.

"Well then I better get comfy." I said. He laughed and I moved my pillow. Then he started telling me a story about when he was in college. About half way through the story I started getting tired and I fell asleep.

Shawn's pov

I was halfway through the story when Emmi fell asleep. I smiled and pulled the blanket over her. I kissed her forehead and went back to my work. About an hour later I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Katy, Maya, Riley, and Auggie there. They looked over and saw Emmi asleep.

"Did you do that?" Katy asked. I smiled and laughed.

"I can barely get her to eat her vegetables." she said.

"That's because vegetables are blech." Emmi said as she woke up.

We laughed, "They are. Especially carrots!" Auggie said. Emmi nodded in agreement.

Emmi's pov

Soon everyone went home and I was alone. They weren't allowed to stay over night sadly. I laid my head back and tried to fall asleep. No use. I grabbed the pictures that Shawn gave me and looked through them. There were once from the first day I met Maya, some of me and Auggie, some of me and The Matthews, some of me and Ms. Katy, some of me and Shawn, but most of me and Maya. There were ones from my birthday and some from the hospital. There was one of me and Riley playing tic tac toe, some of me and Auggie talking, and me and Maya talking. And there was one with me and Maya sleeping while watching frozen. I can't wait to get released! Soon I put the pictures down and finally fell asleep.

A/N: Guys! Almost 2k reads!? ILYSM!!! Thank you guys so so so much! And thanks for reading! Please vote!!