Chapter 15 - The Fallout

Katy's POV
I woke up earlier the next morning for school. I knew that Leo would want an explanation for yesterday but he wasn't going to get it. I quickly got dressed into my boring school uniform. Then, I brushed through my hair and put my blue extensions in. I brushed my hair to the side and put it into a simple French braid. I left my horrible side fringe out on the other side. I then proceeded to do my makeup. I put on concealer, foundation, powder, bronzer, blusher and nude eyeshadow. I then filled in my eyebrows and did slightly winged eyeliner. I then finished the look with black lipstick. I stepped back and looked in the mirror. I looked like me.

When I left the house, Leo was waiting and the end of my drive for me.
"Wow you look beautiful" he stuttered.
"Thank you," I smiled. For once I actually felt beautiful because I felt myself. When we finally got to school I could see my friends waiting for me.
"If I kiss you I won't get black lipstick on me will I?" he asked. I laughed and kissed his lips.
"No because I use expensive lipstick," I giggled.

With that I walked over to my friends.
"Woah, Katy I barely recognised you!" Lola exclaimed.
"You look so glamorous!" Regina squealed.
"Uh thanks, I think," I replied. We had a conversation then the bell went for form. We walked in and sat down in our usual places. When sir walked in he straight away started shouting. Someone was definitely in a bad mood.
"Miss O'Brien!" Sir shouted. "Go and wash your makeup off it is not aloud!" My face must have been a picture.
"Uh no," I protested. "There are girls in here with more obvious makeup!"
"Does anyone else here have black lipstick on?" He asked. "Now go to the headteacher for your attitude!" I rolled my eyes and got up to leave. As I walked past his desk I picked up his glass of water and threw it over him.

After a long lecture from the headteacher, I went to my next lesson, which was art. I walked in 5 minutes late and sat down in my seat next to this boy Sam.
"So do you like grunge music?" He asked trying to make conversation. I just stared at him.
"Am I not aloud to like black without liking grunge?" I questioned.
"No... I uh just uh assumed," he stuttered. I shook my head.
"Well don't just assume!" I snapped.

At the end of the day I started walking home with Leo. He held my hand all the way.
"Come over," I said. He agreed so we went to my house. We went up to my room and just sat and talked.
"I love just talking," he told me.
"Aww, cute!" I smiled. "OMG! You have to see my new dress!" I squealed while running to my wardrobe.
"I didn't expect you to be so excited about a dress," he stated.
"Can I not like fashion?" I asked irritated while getting my dress out of the wardrobe. I pulled out a light pink skater dress. I turned around to show Leo. "Niomi bought it for me," He just stared for a moment.
"That's so pretty," he told me.
"But you don't think it's me," I finished his sentence. I carefully hung it up then sat down.
"Are you okay?" He asked.

I sat and thought about the answer to that question. The question was simple but the answer was complicated.
"No," I sighed.
"What's wrong princess?" He asked.
"Everything!" I shouted. "Everything everyone expects me to be! I can't wear black without having to like grunge. I can't like black and pink! I can't be rebellious but still love reading!"
"Woah princess, calm down!" he tried to reassure me.
"No I won't calm down!" I shouted. "Because even my boyfriend is trying to confine me to stereotypes!" I collapsed on the bed in frustration.
"What's going on?" He asked while taking my hand. I quickly pulled my hand away.
"I'm confused, okay?" I admitted. "My parents just died, I'm living with my Auntie who's barely had anything to do with my childhood and I just want to be me! Buts it's hard to be me when I don't know who I am."
"What is this about Katy?" he asked confused.
"I don't know!" I sighed. "I want to feel like me again. But I don't know who I am! Everyone's holding me back. I don't think we can be together anymore."
"You don't want to be with me any more?" he questioned.
"I'm sorry," I sighed. "I love you but I think I need some time for myself. Some time to figure out who I am and what I want. I just want a break," Leo stood up.
"Bye Katy," he whispered. With that he left.

I sat in silence unsure of what had just happened. I hit my head in frustration at how stupid I am. I felt a wave of anger wash over me. I screamed into my pillow. I then smacked my pillow off of the wall. Again. And again. And again. I smacked it until my hands were too shaky to do anything. I then collapsed onto my bed.

I love Leo so much. I don't know why I had to push him away.

A/N
I've updated👏
Are Keondre over for good?😱
Please vote, comment and follow😘