Chapter 1 - A new start

Katy's POV

I sat on the sofa day dreaming while my parents had a go at me. I can never make them happy. So why should I bother trying? They're always too busy with work for me. I guess that's the reason why I do everything; to get some attention. They only remember that that have four children when I'm getting expelled. "You need to learn your lesson and get your life back on track" mum screamed at me. "You are going to move to Wales and live with your Aunt Jenny" She always used the same threat. But now suddenly it was happening. This time she meant it.

Now here I am packing my bags. I had hoped that she would change her mind. But she hasn't. I sat on the edge of my bed looking at all the boxes around me. This was really happening. I pulled my blue extensions out of my jet black hair and put them on the edge of the bed. Maybe I had gone too far this time. Or maybe they just wanted to get rid of me. I didn't know which one it was. There was a soft knock at my door. "Katy can I come in?" asked Tia. "Whatever" I replied. She walked in and sat next to me at the end of my bed. "I'm going to miss you annoying me" she laughed. "I'm going to miss getting steal your clothes" I replied. She playfully punched my arm then hugged me. "Did I go too far?" I asked. "You smashed up the car drunk, got expelled from school and got caught smoking! Maybe just a little" she replied honestly. My vision started to blur from the tears forming in my eyes. "I'm going to miss you" I cried. "I'm going to miss you two" she whispered while fighting the tears. She hugged me tighter and I hugged her back. I was going to miss Tia so much.

Everything happened so quickly from there. My last day in Dublin came quickly. I went to say last goodbyes to friends. I went to my best friend's house where all my friends were waiting to say goodbye. The door swung open before I even had the chance to knock, and I was bombarded with tearful hugs. "We're going to miss you Katy" I kept getting told. I got a big goodbye gift from them all. It was a big photo album filled with all the photos of our memories. Before I left, Caitlin, who was my best friend, gave me another gift. It was a personalised phone case with a collage of photos of the two of us on. I actually cried when she gave it to me. We shared one big goodbye hug. "I'll facetime you every day" I promised. "Love ooo" she shouted through tears as I walked up her drive. "Love ooo" I shouted back.

I was silent the whole way to the airport. I put my headphones in and played Nirvanna. I stared out the window as to avoid eye contact with them all. When we finally got to the airport, I went and checked in my bags. Once I had checked in and was just left with my hand luggage I went back to my parents and Tia. My parents pulled me into a big hug. I didn't hug them back. "We're going to miss you" whispered dad while fighting tears. "How are we going to survive without our baby" mum whispered. I sighed. I didn't feel sympathetic at all. They were the ones who were making this happen so why should I feel sympathetic. I turned to see Tia with floods of tears running down her face. "If you don't stop crying you'll mascara will run everywhere" I warned. I pulled her into a big hug. "I'll miss you" she cried. "Careful, you're ruining you big I don't care about my little sister act" I half-heartedly joked with tears rolling down my cheeks. She smiled at my joke. I said one last goodbye then went through the airport security.

After I landed and had collected my bags, I went to the exit where I found my Aunt Jenny. She showed me to her car and drove me to my new home. If there was one word to describe her house it so would be big. And old. Big and old. She lived in a five bedroom house which was weird considering it was only her and Uncle James living there. She took me up to the third floor, which was one big bedroom, and said that this would be my room. She then left to let me get settled. The room was a musty yellow and was filled with antique furniture. There was a big double bed in the middle of the room, which I went and jumped on. I led back and stared at the ceiling. The ceiling was very low and had many beams going across. This was because the house was very old. I just led there for a minute, then started unpacking.