Chapter 8 - The Date?

Katy's POV

It was Saturday morning and I woke up to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I groaned still half asleep. "Morning princess, did I wake you?" I heard Leo's happy voice ask. "Kinda" I admitted. "You know it's nearly 12 o'clock?" he laughed. "Well anyway, I'm taking you out tonight" I laughed. "You're supposed to ask" I chuckled. "Okay then, do you want to go out with me tonight?" he sighed. "Sorry but I have plans to wash my turtle" I joked. I could hear him laughing down the phone. "Anyway I'll be at your house at half past four" he said while still laughing. "Okay see you later, bye" I grinned like a mad person. Luckily the great thing about phone calls is that the person can't see you do stupid things like grin madly or blush uncontrollably, both of which I was doing. "See you later, bye" he replied. With that th phone call ended. I sat up in my bed and started to stretch. I clambered into my pikachu onesie and went downstairs.

The smell of pancakes hit my nose as I ran down the stairs towards the dining room. Auntie Jenny and Uncle James were already sat at the table eating pancakes and a plate sat there waiting for me. "Morning" Auntie Jenny greeted as I sat down. "Morning" I replied sounding very chirpy. I started covering my pancakes in Nutella and cut some bananas to go on top. As I started eating, Auntie Jenny decided to start making conversation. "You seem very happy this morning. Now this wouldn't happen to have anything to do with a certain Leondre Devries, would it?" she asked while she pushed her light brown hair behind her ear. Auntie Jenny was a lot younger than my mum and she was a lot more understanding and cool with things. "Well, we're going out later" I smiled. "What on a date?" she asked excitedly. "Well he never specified wether it was a date or not." I could feel my smile slightly fading as I said that. "Well did he say what you were going to do?" she asked curiously. "Well, no" I admitted. We just sat in silence eating our pancakes for a few minutes. "Well, no matter what I'm sure you'll have fun" she smiled brightly. I nodded as I swallowed the last bit of my pancakes. "Well I better start getting ready because I know it will take me at least an hour to pick an outfit!" I exclaimed. Auntie Jenny laughed ans Uncle James just shook his head.

As I was walking towards the stairs, I could hear Uncle James talking. "This is the first time I've seen her happy about being here since she got here" he said quietly to Auntie Jenny. "I know, it's good to see her happy, but I can tell that she's nervous about what Sarah would say if she knew about the fact that she has a boyfriend" she replied to him. I had stopped to listen to their conversation. I was surprised that Auntie Jenny even knew about my and Leo! "I love Sarah and all, but she definitely doesn't give Katy enough credit, praise or even attention!" she continued. "I agree. You can tell that living the shadows and constantly being forgotten about has broken her" Uncle James replied. Their conversation then turned to a completely new topic, so I quietly went up to my room.

I grabbed a towel and took a long hot shower in my bathroom. I washed my hair and body and just relaxed. Once I got out of the shower I wrapped the towel around me then sat down at my dressing table. I plugged my hair dryer in and started drying my hair while listening to 5SOS. Once my hair was dry I pushed it up into a high ponytail so that it was out of the way. I went into my wardrobe and started looking for an outfit. Eventually I decided on black skater dress. It was sleeveless and suited my figure. I looked down at my bare arms. The scars that covers them look hideous. I decided that I would cover them with my leather jacket. So I pulled my leather jacket out of my wardrobe and led it down on my bed ready to wear later.

I started to do my makeup. I decide that I would wear minimal makeup. I put on concealer, powder, bb cream, winged eyeliner and a dark pink lipstick. I pulled my hair down from the ponytail. I started brushing through my hair. I plugged my hair straighteners in and waited for them to heat up. My hair was naturally quite straight but the ends would often get quite curly. I straightened the ends of my hair then put in my blue extensions. I took a long look in the mirror to check that I looked okay. I then checked the time to see that it was only half past 3. I started scrolling through my social media feeds but there wasn't anything interesting happening. I put my leather jacket on. I took my handbag off the edge of my bed and started filling it with my stuff. I made sure that my purse had a lot of money in it since I didn't know what we were doing. To kill time I decided to go and watch some tv.

Just a little before half past 4, there was a knock on the door. I heard Auntie Jenny answer it and greet Leo. I took a deep breath and then walked to the door. Leo was holding a red rose in his hand. "For you" he said as he handed me the rose. I could feel my cheeks slightly blushing. "Have fun" Auntie Jenny smiled at us. I walked out the house and up to Leo. "You look amazing" Leo smirked at me. "You don't look too bad yourself" I smiled. He chuckled. "Anyway, where are we going?" I asked curiously. "Well, we're going to the cinema to watch a movie then to Nandos for dinner" he smiled. "That sounds great" I smirked. Leo held my hand and we started walking towards the cinema.

When we got to the cinema we had a look to see what was on. "What do you want to watch?" Leo asked. "I don't really mind" I replied. Honestly there wasn't anything good on. The only good movies that were on we weren't old enough to watch. "Well it's your choice princess" Leo smiled. I looked down the list of what was on. I decided to pick the movie that seemed the least boring. "Shall we watch Night at the museum?" I asked not to bothered. "Okay" he replied smiling.

We went over to the tills to buy our tickets and get drinks and snacks. "Hi can we get two teen tickets for Night at the museum, sweet popcorn and I'll have a coke, and what would you like to drink?" Leo said. "And a blue raspberry tango ice blast please" I said. "That'll be £23" smiled the lady that was serving us. I pulled my purse out of my bag. "No I'll pay for this" Leo insisted. "No Leo don't be stupid, we'll go halves" I argued back. "No it's fine" Leo said gesturing for me to put my purse back as he pulled a £20 note and a £5 note out of his wallet. I pulled a tenner out of my purse and quickly handed it over to the lady. "Why did you do that?" Leo asked. "Because I appreciate you offering to pay and all but it's a lot of money" I argued. The lady at the till laughed and handed the change over to Leo. She then went to get what we asked for. Leo tried to hand me the change. "No, it's your change" I told him sternly. "You can be such hard work" he laughed. "I know" I laughed back.

We were sat in about the middle of the cinema. The cinema was quite empty, which was good. As we sat down in our seats the adverts were just finishing. About ten minutes into the film, Leo did the yawning trick and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I smiled and placed my head on his shoulder. This was perfect.

A/N
This was just the first part of the date. The next chapter will be the second part :*