Chapter 37

White. That's all I could see as far as the eye could go. Everything was white. I had been walking through this endless white room for a while now but still nothing. I wanted my friends, I wanted my family, I needed Camila. "Where am I?" I said to myself.

"You are in a place in between" I jumped at the sound of a mans voice. I slowly turned but saw no one so I turned back to be scared by a figure in front of me. I stepped back.

"Wh who are you?" I asked. Was I meant to know him? Cause I really have no clue who he is.

"Don't worry, you don't know me, but I know you" he said before sitting on a chair that wasn't there before. "Take a seat Y/N" he said. I turned and there was a white chair behind me. I slowly sat down.

"How do you know me and I don't know you?" I asked.

"Oh yeah let me introduce myself, I'm Julian Y/LN, I'm your uncle, I actually have a daughter named Hailee that's your age, she's your cousin, you'll like her, I've been watching her to" Julian said. I looked at him strangely. I don't remember having an uncle or a cousin for that matter. "That's because I died about a year after you were born" he said. I jumped up.

"Wait wait what? I'm dead?!? This can't be happening right now" I said as I began pacing. "I love my life I don't want to be dead, I have amazing friends and the most amazing wife and-" he stood up, cutting me off.

"I know, I've been looking over you Y/N and I'm so proud of how far you've come, but you're not dead" he said making me sigh in relief. "Yet" he added. My eyes widened.

"What do you mean not yet?" I asked.

"Like I said before, you're in a place between the two, here you can decide if you really want to go back or not" Uncle Julian said. Why was that even a question, couldn't he tell I wanted to go back.

"How do I wake up? I want to be alive, I have the most amazing friends and family and my wife. God my wife, Camila, is the most amazing person you will ever meet and I love her with all my heart and we're having a child and I completely over reacted although it is kinda weird but she didn't know till after and ugh I just want to be with her. I need her" I said. Julian just smiled at me.

"I'm glad you're happy Y/N but there may be some consequences about going back that you need to think about" he said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, you were in a car accident so anything could happen, you could be fine but just injured or it could have some major effects to your brain like memory loss or partial memory loss" he said. So I could forget everything? I could for get my friends? Everything I've been through? My family? My unborn child? Camila? The only person I really want is Camila and if I forget her I might have no one.

"What are the chances of forgetting and not forgetting anything?" I asked. Julian gave me a sad smile. This can't be good.

"After head trauma there is about just over 50% of a chance that you will have at least some memory loss" he said. I looked down and thought for a moment. Would going back and not remembering hurt Camila more than just simply dying? If I died she could just move on but if I didn't and came back to not remember her would it be more traumatic cause she has to deal with me? I thought for a moment more.

"I know what I have to do"