Chapter 10

It's been 3 weeks. 3 weeks of avoiding Camila at every possible moment. 3 weeks of sitting alone in the Library at lunch. 3 weeks to running away every time she called my name in the hall. 3 whole weeks. The worst 3 weeks of my life. "Y/N hello?" Dinah snapped her fingers in front of my face. I jolted up.

"Yeah yeah I'm listening" I said although she could tell I really wasn't.

"Camila again?" She asked. I sighed and looked down whilst nodding. "Y/N you need to talk to her" Dinah said.

"I can't though, I'm scared Dinah, I don't want to hear something I know she is going to say, it will break me" I said. Dinah shut her book.

"Listen, Camila really wants to talk to you and by you ignoring her is hurting her. Did you ever think that by pushing yourself away and hurting yourself could be hurting her to? These three weeks have not just been hell for you, it had been for all of us, all I have had to listen to is Camila going on and on about how much she misses you and wishes you would give her a chance to let her talk-" I decided to cut in.

"Wait she misses me?" I asked. Dinah laughed and nodded.

"Of course she does, your so oblivious Y/N" Dinah said. I frowned but before I could reply the bell rang and I quickly packed my stuff. "Come sit with us please" Dinah begged.

"Dinah you know I can't" I replied.

"Yes you can, your just too scared" Dinah said. I laughed.

"Bye Dinah" I said before walking off to the Libary. I heard her shouted from behind me but didn't catch what she said. I laughed to myself as I continued to walk down the hall to the Libary. I turned my head for a split second before feeling a body collide with mine. I quickly looked down at the girl on the floor. I couldn't see her face as a mop of brown hair covered it. "I I I I'm so sorry" I stuttered extending my hand to help her up.

"Y/N?" The way too familiar said. I looked down as the girl brushed the hair from her face and I quickly helped her up.

"I I I I'm sorry" I said quickly before turning around and walking quickly away only to be stopped by someone grabbing my wrist making me turn back round.

"Y/N please, you can't ignore me forever" Camila said. She was right, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't ignore her. I sighed but didn't reach her eyes. We didn't need to talk to decide to go somewhere more private. We decided on an empty English class room a few doors down. As Camila shut the door I sat on one of the tables. I kept my head down as Camila walked over and stood in front of me. "Please look at me" Camila said. I still refused to look up. Camila put her finger under my chin to lift my head up as soon as I met her eyes I melted straight away.

"Cam-" Camila didn't let me speak.

"Please let me talk, you didn't let me last time and Y/N if these past 3 weeks didn't make me realise what I didn't already know before well it's my feelings for you. I didn't think it was humanly possible to miss someone so much that it felt like the world was ending cause they weren't there, that they were really the only thing that kept me going. After you ran off that day I went straight to Dinah, I spoke to her for about 5 hours about everything that had happened and then she asked me how I felt. I thought it was a weird question at first cause I wasn't really sure what I felt, well I knew what I felt but I didn't realise what it was. When you told me about how long you liked me and stuff I was shocked but who wouldn't be, the only thing was though, you didn't let me talk. Y/N I like you, I have for a while now without even realising myself, everyone else seemed to know but me. I thought that maybe it was all in my head and I with getting confused with how I feel for you as a best friend and how I feel for you as something more than that. But Y/N I don't think I could ever settle for us being just friends, something about you makes me warm inside, like when I'm around you nothing else matters because I have you and that's all I need" Camila finished and looked back up at me. I could feel the tears falling down my face. I honestly didn't know what to do. I was so immensely happy that she liked me to I didn't know what to do. "Y/N?" Camila stepped towards me. Her hand reached up to wipe the tears away from my face. "Don't cry, your too pretty to cry" Camila smiled.

"I I I I don't know what to say" I stuttered making Camila let out a small laugh.

"To be honest me neither, I feel like this massive weight had been lifted off my shoulders and now I don't know what to do" Camila said, me being the one to laugh this time.

"How did you find out I liked you?" I asked.

"You know that day you carried me home, well I kinda hear your conversation with my mom" Camila said. I mentally hit myself. "It's okay, I'm glad I found out, it made me not so afraid to say my feelings" Camila said.

"Camila will you go out with me, I mean like a date unless you don't want it to be a date then that's fine to but I was ju-"

"Yes" Camila cut in. I looked at her wide eyed making her laugh. "I said yes dummy" she repeated.

"What? Really? I never thought that you would actually go out with me" I said. Camila laughed even harder.

"Your cute" Camila smiled. I could feel myself blush.

"Can we not tell the others yet though, just in case" I asked. Camila happily agreed with me and it was set. I was going on a date with my dream girl.