Chapter 1

James' POV
I walk into studio A and I can't believe what my mum just told me. I'm just hoping dance distracts me from what's happening. I just got sorted with my grades and I'm getting all the help in math that I needed so why do I have to move schools? Don't get me wrong I'm so excited for my mum, I'm pumped that she has a new job but why move schools? It's not like we're moving house, we're staying at The Next Step too, so at least I get to see my Riles everyday.

I head over to my cubby and I notice Riles come over to me so I put on my best act so she doesn't suspect anything.
"Morning babe" I smirk as I pull her into my arms for a hug
"Hey James, what's up you looked distracted when you walked in?" She questions, looking up deep into my eyes looking for answers.
"Nothing Ri, don't even worry about it" I try cover and lean in to kiss her but she pulls back and looks at me with one eyebrow raised.
"James I Know you're lying to me. Tell me what's up or I won't kiss you for a week" she says, looking dead serious, why does my girlfriend have to know me so well?
"Fine you got me Riley. My mum got a new job" I say avoiding eye contact
"So?" She questions, lifting my chin with her index finger.
"So I'm moving schools, I just got my grades sorted Ri. I'm finally passing math and now I've got to go to some different school where I won't know anyone or probably even get the right grades" I say sighing, finally looking up at my girlfriend.
"Are you staying at the studio?" She questions quietly with hints of fear in her voice.
"Of course babe" I smile at her and kiss her gently, pulling her close. I could never leave Riley, we've been through so much, and my mum knows that.
"James, don't even worry about it. I bet your new school will love you. Just be your usual charming self and you'll be fine. Besides if you struggle I can always tutor you..." She reassures, smirking at the last bit.
I can always rely on Riley in these situations, she always makes everything better and I love her dearly for that.
"I love you Ri" I whisper in her ear, pulling her close again, gazing into her beautiful big brown eyes
"I love you too" she smiles gently, gazing back into my eyes and raising a hand to stroke my cheek.
We both begin to lean in, ready for what would shortly become a make out session in front of A-troupe but our lips barely graze before Giselle interrupts us.
"Right everyone, warm up, and I don't mean your lips Jiley" she shouts, causing A-troupe to laugh.
Riley gives me a quick peck before pulling back, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the rest if A-troupe.