Chapter 14

James POV
I get up and run out of the classroom after Riley, I know that comment was too far but I needed to know the truth. I make up an excuse about Riley not feeling well suddenly, so she ran off, and so I'm going after her to check if she's okay.

I turn the corner and see Riley, sat against the wall crying softly. She sees me and gets up to walk away
"Riles" I whisper, loudly enough for her to hear, but she doesn't turn around
"Go back to class James" she pleads, still facing away from me, wiping her eyes.
"No, I'm not going until I apologise and make sure you're okay" I sigh, approaching her, I expect her to move away from me but she just turns to face me, searching my eyes for something.
"I'm fine, see" she says, forcing a smile "you can go now"
"Riley we both know I'm not falling for that. I'm sorry okay Riles? I went too far with the questions" I whisper, stepping closer to her, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. She just freezes and looks at me. I go in for a hug but decide against it when I hear two familiar male voices coming down the hall.

Riley's POV
James leans in, likely for a hug, and I want to hold him tight forever, never letting go but I guess he changed his mind when we hear two voices down the hall. Levi and Tony, great. They come into view and I take a step back from James as Tony speaks
"Hey sexy. Never saw you as the type to skip class. Thought you were too good for that" he sneers, looking me up and down
"I was just getting something from my locker and James is helping me" I say, trying to sound confident because Tony creeps me the hell out.
"Looking hot as always" Levi chips in, slinging an arm around me, not noticing my red eyes and smudged makeup. "I'm here so you can run off to class now mate" he glares at James.
I just sigh and nod at James but he shakes his head at me
"Riley we need to get back to class, miss will give you detention if you don't" he says sincerely
"Okay, bye Levi, let's go then James" I say quickly, wanting to get away quickly
"James, mate, stay away from my girl or there will be consequences" Levi growls at him but James is unfazed and keeps walking next to me.
"So... You going to Lola's party" he pipes up as we walk to class
"Maybe, but I don't know. How about you?" I sigh, I don't really want to go but Levi is forcing me, and I don't want to see James hook up with several different girls.
"I guess, the guys want me to" he grins at me as we approach the class door
"Might see you there then?" He questions before I open the door. I just shrug and walk in without giving him a proper answer...