Chapter 12

James POV
I pull up in the school parking lot after a painful weekend of rehearsals, I had to listen to the girls beg Riley for details of her date and gush over them. I can't help thinking it should be me. I should be the one taking her out on romantic dates, I should be the one she blushes about and spends her time with.

I park up and hop out of the car, getting halfway across the lot before girls begin to flirt with me, obviously knowing about the breakup with Riley. But I'm not interested. I put popularity before my girl and now I lost her. I never even realised I was doing it at the time, but looking back it's clear. I flirted with other girls, hardly spoke to her, and if I did I was a jerk to impress the other guys. It's purely my fault that I lost Riley, but I'll get her back.
I push past the girls and try to get to school quickly but something catches my eye, or someone.

Riley was a few foot away, pushed up against a car, some guys lips attached to hers. It was rough and sloppy, hardly any passion, like when I kissed Riley. His hands are all over her and I know she's uncomfortable, but there's nothing I can do. She wouldn't want me to intrude on her new relationship.
"Yo Levi" I hear behind me, I see a guy that I recognise from the party. He's shorter than me, just, with jet black hair, a leather jacket and ripped jeans.
I move a few feet and lean on a tree nearby so I can hear what's going on, while pretending to be on my phone. It's not stalking, I'm protecting Riley.

Riley's POV
I pull away from Levi as I hear Tony...Shit...it's literally just me, Levi and Tony. I was uncomfortable before but now, that feeling is unreal. Tony is trouble, end of.
"Hey To'" Levi greets his mate
"Got yourself I nice bit of ass there bro" Tony says, checking me out and making me feel disgusting
"I'm a human not a piece of fricken meat mate" I scoff at Tony, while he just smirks at me and smacks my butt, in front of Levi who does nothing!! I slap his chest and he just looks confused at me. Great.
"I like 'em feisty" Tony growls at me as I roll my eyes and take a step back from him
"Anyway man, I got you something" Tony continues handing Levi what looks like cigarettes
"I thought you didn't smoke?" I ask looking quizzical at my boyfriend
"Lighten up Riley" he scoffs as he takes one for himself, gives one to Tony and lights up. That is not cigarette smoke.
"IS THAT POT?!?" I whisper yell, backing up
"Maybe sexy. Want some?" Tony asks, leering towards me
"I'm good thanks" I say backing up but Tony grabs my wrist
"Don't be such a baby sexy" he grins, coming towards me "man you're so uptight. Like your ex boyfriend, the new kid. He was uptight at the party, well until I slipped him something"
"James took drugs from..You?" I say disgusted that James would do that
"Not consciously. Shouldn't of put his drink down" Tony smirks, that explains a lot. But it's too late for that.
"Ri, come on, one puff. It'll chill you" Levi pipes up from next to me, trying to stick the roll up in my mouth. But I just smack his hand away and storm away, towards school.
"Jerk" I mutter under my breath as I reach my locker. Definitely going to have words with him later.