Chapter 6

*Cara's POV *

"Are we mates?"

One sentence. Three words. Who knew that would change the rest of my life?

"Yes." He stared at me,his face breaking into a small smile. He seemed relieved to have finally gotten that off of his chest.

"Oh! That's -" All words were cut off when he leaned forward grabbing my face.His lips were on me before I even knew what was happening. He pulled me closer to him and his tongue broke through the barriers I put up, due to the little to no experience I had with kissing . Once the shock wore away, I snapped back to reality and opened my mouth a bit more giving him more access. His hands traveled from my face to my back ,massaging it in small circles. I tried my hardest not to moan, but when his lips moved to my neck I couldn't help it.

I was so happy that out of all the people to be kissing right now, it was him,not Steven. We began kissing again but he stopped abruptly and stared at me.

"You're crying?" He wiped the tears from my eyes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

I shook my head violently. "No. I'm just really happy, you're the first guy I've actually wanted to kiss." I beamed.

He smiled sadly."I'm looking forward to more of that when we get out of here."

I blushed feeling all the blood rush to my face..

"Are we really getting out of here?"I asked, tears coming to the surface again. He nodded his head yes.Placing his hand on mine he rubbed it soothingly, sending small ripples of pleasure coursing through my system.I never held much faith in anything, but he was starting to make me believe, and it made me nervous and excited all together. It was almost too good to be true.

This man in front of me was my soul mate, I had a person who would be with me for the rest of my life. A person who I'd grow to trust and love forever. What was the point of not trusting him, after all he literally shared the other half of my soul.As we talked further, I tried to soak in how different his life was from mine. After a few hours of just talking back and forth, I emitted a  slight yawn.

"You're tired." He observed.

"A little."I admitted after yawning now for the second time.

"Ok like usual, take the bed. I'll sleep on the floor."

He took out a pillow and blanket and carried it under one arm.

He laid them out on the floor and looked at me. I had the strangest urge to ask him to sleep next to me but I held my tongue.It was too soon and despite the fact that we were mates I still barely knew him.

Plus he didn't need any distractions if tomorrow was gonna be the "big day". I didn't need to distract him further and jeopardize all the girls's safety. I fell asleep, saving all my worries for the next night.

I awoke to banging on the doors. Instantly Reid was up.We locked eyes for a second.Fear passed through me in sharp waves. He practically yanked me out of the bed.I didn't have much time to do anything, except get pushed into a closet.

Instantly darkness overwhelmed me.I felt as if I was back in "the room" again.Panic clutched at my throat and I felt the urge to scream. I mentally scolded myself, I could not ruin the plan. I already jeopardized it by coming here.I was so stupid,we could have been safe, I wasn't so reckless in coming to see him after I shifted.

I tried to control my rapid breathing, but I felt too constricted.It was too dark,and god I hate the dark... I had to forcefully pinch myself to stop hyperventilating.