Chapter 27-28

*Cara's Pov*

I was sitting in the cafeteria with Lisa and Max. They wouldn't stop grilling me on why I went to New York. I promised that I would tell the, so they cornered me and demanded information.

"Guys all I have to say is that Reid and I had a fight so I went to New York.I won't tell you what the fight was about but it was bad."I wished they would stop pestering me, I was not ready to tell the world about my relationship problems.

"So are you two not together anymore?" Lisa asked.

"It's complicated. We are together, but we still have a lot of things to work on." My heart stung but I took a deep breath. It was obvious that all of this drama was still affecting me.

"Well just incase you aren't,  I'm pretty available." Max winked. Lisa fake gagged in the corner.It was clear that Lisa was immune to his charms.

I put my hand to my heart."If only we were mates." I pretended to sound disappointed.

"I don't even think Max is capable of having a mate." Lisa laughed.

I joined in upon seeing the pure outrage in Max's face.

"For your information I do have a mate." He replied indignantly.This was news. Our shocked faces turned to him."It just so happens I'm looking at her now." He said seductively as he played with a lock of Lisa's hair.

Lisa shoved him so hard he almost fell off the bench. She looked like she was actually going to throw up. Tears came to my eyes as I bent over in laughter. Lisa rolled her eyes but even she admitted it was funny.

The two of them were like cat and dog. They could be friendly some times but most of the times they wanted to kill each other. But overall they were good friends. Ashley and Max on the other hand were mortal enemies. They couldn't stand each other one bit, let alone be left together in the same room without fighting. I think it's because they were so similar in personalities that they instantly repelled each other.

The bell rang and I stretched my tired legs.I had to go to my locker and grab my books for class. I hoped Christian was at his locker too, I'd been meaning to ask him about how he thought we did on the project. As I approached my locker, I realized he wasn't there. I took my sneakers out and stuffed them in my bag. As I zipped it up from the floor when I felt hands grab me. I screamed and turned around quickly scowling at Christian.

"You are so annoying." I growled and hit him on the shoulder. He rubbed the spot pretending to be hurt.

"Come on, I can't be THAT annoying, since we're still friends."

"That's cause I couldn't find anyone better to replace you."I giggled poking him.

"Very funny. Poke me again Cara and you're in trouble." He wagged his finger at me. Immediately I poked him in an act of revenge.

"That's it!" He shook his head and started to tickle me. I shrieked and backed away from him. He tried to get me again but I moved back even further. He grabbed my arms, pinning me to him while he tried to poke me in the ribs. I shrieked and squirmed and we both fell against the lockers.

We wrestled for control of his hands. Everytime he broke free of my hold, he poked my ribs once more." I'm winning."

"No. No. No!" I squirmed. "Have mercy on me."I was laughing so hard that I had to gasp in order to catch my breath. "Christian!'" I cried! Our bodies were pressed against one another and our faces were centimeters apart. My chest tightened and I gulped. He didn't seem to notice how close we were to each other... how close his lips were to my own.