Chapter 12

*Cara's POV*

I had atleast an hour of sleep when I felt myself being awoken again. "No. Not again." I groaned turning over. I was still being shaken. "Ashley you are really pushing it."

"It's important." It wasn't Ashley's voice that rang through my ears, it was Reid's. His tall figure hovered over mine

I woke up instantly alert, sleep dissolving into consciousness."What happened?"

"Remember how I said your dad would be coming." I shook my head no, my memory wasn't materializing . "Well I did, and he is here now and wants to meet you. He's back at the pack house." Reid continued.

Now our conversation came back to me. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth, shower, and fix my hair. Reid knocked on the door once I got out the shower and handed me some clothes to wear. They were actually women's clothes this time. Ashley must have gotten me clothes to wear when Matt took her shopping yesterday.

I walked  downstairs quickly startling Ashley.

"Woah what's going on?" Ashley sat up and turned off the television. I managed to coherently answer her question.

"M-my d-dad is here." I said quickly. Ashley's mouth dropped open. I didn't have time to sit here and chat, in a few minutes I would be face to face with my dad. I remembered next to nothing about him. In my mind I could recall a hazy image of what his face looked like; certainly not enough to properly identify him in a crowd.

"I'm coming, I don't want to miss this." She said turning of the tv. "You look great by the way."

I was grateful to have her coming with me too. We walked to the house, Ashley, Reid, and I. We got there to see a man talking to Reid's dad. His back was faced to me so I didn't see his face. I didn't know if I should say anything, what if he wasn't my dad and I ended up disappointing myself? I decided to just suck it up, I wouldn't know if I didn't ask.

"Dad?," I called out, when we were in close enough distance. They both turned around and my heart skipped a beat. My dad looked to be in his forties with wavy dark brown hair and eyes that were so dark blue, they nearly verged on brown. He was very handsome, although I couldn't say we looked too alike. As soon as we locked eyes, he gave me a giant smile.

"Cara." He hugged me. "I can't believe it's really you." Tears came to his eyes.

"Hi dad." I choked on tears myself. Seeing others cry made me cry.

"I can't ask you how you've been because I already know the answer. So all I'm going to say is that I'm so glad that you are back. You've grown into such a beautiful girl your mom would have been proud."

"Is she here?" I looked past him but I saw no one. I saw his face go pale and instantly I regretted saying anything."Oh no is-is she dead?"I asked blatantly. He cringed slightly when I mentioned death.

"She left."

"Oh." I hardly knew what to say.

"I would have called her and told her that you're safe, but when she left, she just disappeared off the face of the planet. She blamed herself for why you were kidnapped, and then went spiraling into a depression. After a month she left.

"I see." I said sadly. I felt bad that she blamed herself, but other than that I didn't really feel sad, I felt as if I didn't know her. I could hardly remember what she looked like. Whenever I thought back to my past, my memory would turn fuzzy.

"Dad I want you to meet my mate Reid" I said trying to ease some awkwardness. I pointed him in the direction of Reid.

They shook hands."Nice to meet you again Mr. Halen." Reid's smiled. My dad's face echoed the same.