Chapter 19

"So this is your idea of a date?" I asked incredulously. My wonderful mate decided to take me to the woods for our next date....the woods. At first I thought "hey we might have a cute picnic", but it was way too dark for that. Reid still didn't clue me in as to why we were here in the first place. I stared at him thoughtfully. If it were anyone but my mate taking me here, I would be terrified."Is this where you tell me you're secretly some monster creature thing and you're going to kill me for knowing your secret?" I put on the best "terrified" face I could muster.

"Close." He said. "We're going running." He turned around and took off his shirt, placing it in the car. "First dates among wolf mates typically occur in the woods." He shrugged. "We strip down and go running, exploring, it's basically hiking in wolf form. And it's not taboo to be naked around once another. Wolves are never embarrassed about nudity. It's natural."

Right now, I was enjoying his partial nudity. I had the perfect view of his abs right now, and let me tell you, they were definitely better than anyone I had seen on television. He looked down at me and smiled. "Enjoying the view?" The next thing he took off was his pants and placed that in the car.

"Why is it you can't go a week without stripping for me." I bit my lip laughing.

He didn't answer me, instead he shifted into a wolf. I hid behind a behind a tree to change. It baffled me how comfortable wolves were with their bodies. The women back at the base were this way too, it used to freak me out how easily they could walk around naked. I guess this is why. Because we were mates, I felt a bit more comfortable changing around him than I would anyone else , but still I undressed behind the tree. I heard him howl in disapproval and I giggled. I thought hard about being a wolf like he instructed before, and I was standing on fours instead of two.

Reid walked over to me rubbing his nose on mine. I kissed...er...well licked him and batted him with my paw. He then began to rub himself on me and I understood what he was doing, he was mixing his scent with mine. That was fine with me because he smelled so damn good. I closed my eyes as he began to groom me, I growled out in pleasure and opened my eyes when he finished.

Taking a few steps away from me, he looked back at me once, and then he was gone. I blinked realizing he was so far ahead and then ran after him. I could hear the sound of leaves crushing under my feet as I ran in search of him. I was winded after a few minutes and decided to lay down where I was standing. How was it that in wolf form I was so out of shape? I got up ready to run again when I felt something's weight crushing me. Reid was on top of me. We both shifted and he laughed.

"Gave up already?" His breath fanned my face. I tried to get up but his weight pinned me down.

"Not fair," I replied breathlessly. "You were too fast."

"I won round one." He said smirking. I flipped him over so I was on top of him. I kissed him on the cheek then hopped off really fast. He watched me, his eyes twinkled in amusement.

"I'm going to win round two." I shifted back to a wolf and then ran like hell. I was dodging through trees trying not to make much sound. I could hear his footsteps somewhere in the distance. The goal was to get as far away from him as possible, then circle around and find him. I loved how ironic the whole thing was, I was running from him so that I could turn around and chase him. I tried to hear his footsteps but they disappeared altogether. That was bad for me, because that meant Reid could be anywhere, he could even be watching me now as we speak.

I decided to do a complete 180 and turn around. I ran a bit before the feeling of being followed began creeping up on me. I decided to hide behind a bush and see if my suspicions were right. In three seconds I saw Reid running past me. I was right, he was following me all this time. I jumped out from the bush and went in the same direction as Reid making my footsteps lighter. In a few seconds I would be on his tail, literally! In five...four...three...two...one. I jumped on him and we both rolled over into a path of bushes. I shifted and crawled out of the bush laughing.