Chapter 8

*Cara's POV*

I ran like hell. Clutching onto my silver necklace I ran out to the woods. People were fighting everywhere, people who once escorted me around were now dropping dead at my feet. Not to mention the blood everywhere. The smell was almost as bad as the sight. I paused to throw up. I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday, so I fell to my knees coughing and heaving up nothing.

"Get up." I told myself. I had to keep moving. I promised myself I would keep going, and I promised Reid I would keep going. I atleast had to make it further into the woods.

With a heavy sigh I propped myself up. "I could do this," I reminded myself once again. I started running, not caring what direction I was going, as long as I never had to see this place again, I would be fine. Even if I died in the woods, any death would be better than going back.

I slowed to a walk after assuming it was safe enough to. I couldn't believe that just four hours ago I was with Reid, thinking all my worries would just go away. Then two hours ago everything just went so bad. Now we were seperated, and I was lost. I laughed out loud till tears came to my eyes. I was so tired apparently being "lost" was hilarious.

I stepped on a branch almost scaring myself shitless. I needed to calm down, I had way too many emotions stirring up inside me.

After what seemed like an eternity I stopped and took a look around. I was pretty sure I was going around in a circle. I passed that bush already twice, I was positive.

I heard a sound behind me. I turned around quickly but there was nothing around me. Just nothing but trees, dirt, and darkness. I decided to walk faster, but I was tired. I then tried to shift into that wolf creature, but I couldn't.

"Shift." I told myself and shut my eyes, waiting for something magical to happen, like some tingly feeling in my gut. I opened my eyes expecting to see my arms turn to fur. I expected also not to remain standing.

Standing, that was it! Maybe I was supposed to be sitting or crouching to be a wolf. I sat on the floor trying to get myself to shift. I crouched down trying to turn into a wolf.

I stood back up feeling embarrased. Thank god no one was watching me.

Or at least I hoped no one was watching me. If I wasn't killed first, I would definitely die of embarrassment.

I kept on walking. I heard a sound. Almost instantly, I turned around.Either my mind was playing tricks on me, or someone was following me.

"Who's there?" I warned, picking up a branch. There was no sound but I wasn't easily fooled. Like any defenseless person I ran like hell. Panting heavily I dodged any objects in my way. I could hear footsteps behind me getting closer.They weren't trying to hide themselves anymore, they knew I knew that I was being followed.

I could hear the footsteps a couple of feet away from me. No I was wrong, the person sounded only a foot away. I was knocked to the floor. My head hit something sharp, but my stomach got the most damage. Whoever hit me knocked me so far I crashed into a tree trunk. The impact was astounding and a large "crack" resonated throughout the woods. I groaned as I felt blood trickle from my side and my head. I didn't even want to check my stomach. Disgusting thing blood was, I hated it. I hated the sight, the smell, the taste of it. Ironic that now I was covered in it.

God Reid where were you? I sat with my back against the trunk clutching my side to stop the bleeding. Tears came to my eyes everytime I let go of the pressure. Who knew such pain was possible. A small part of me couldn't help and blame Reid. Before he came sauntering into my life, pain like this only existed in nightmares. Even when Steven slapped me a couple of times, it never stung as much as it did now.