Chapter 44- Chapter 45

(Combining two chapters)

*Christian's Pov*

I'd been with Cara for 7 months but still the feeling that she would leave me was always a recurring thought in my mind. She said she loved me, but still somehow I didn't believe it. I didn't believe her. If anything she loved me as a friend not a partner. I could see it in her eyes, the love she had for someone who was clearly not me.

I had no doubt if Reid was back in the picture, she would leave me in a heartbeat. I knew all of this but yet I stayed with her. I had wanted her for so long, tried to get her and failed each and every time. Now this was my chance and I'd take her anyway I got her.

When we first got together, everything was great. She was really invested into the relationship and was desperate to find someone to ease her heartache. However as the months grew by she faded, she stopped being so loving and attentive. It was like 'he' started to occupy her thoughts more and more. I wanted to put a stop to that, I wanted her to see that I was the one for her.

I was waiting for  her now. We had date night and I wanted to take her out somewhere special. She had been  unusually distant recently, more so now than ever. Every time I would lean in to kiss her, she would turn away slightly. When I went to hug her, she would tense up.

Something was definitely up. Was it Reid? No way, that problem was taken care of. Then what was it?

My thoughts were silenced when Cara came down the stairs. She was beautiful, no doubt about it. The kind of beautiful that you had to stop what you were doing just to stare. She was wearing a short black dress and her hair was curled and falling down her back in loose curls.

My mouth dropped open. She came down shyly and stood next to me. At a closer examination of her, I noticed her wearing the wolf necklace Reid gave her. She stopped wearing that for a year, why the sudden need to wear it again?

She looked down to where my gaze was directed at and clutched her necklace protectively as if I were to steal it from her. Something was up.

"You look nice." I leaned in to kiss her on the lips. She smiled and grabbed my hand in response. That was a good sign. I led her towards the car.

The restaurant was not that crowded surprisingly. We were seated right away. Thank god I made reservations in advance. Cara kept pulling down her dress as soon as we got here. She didn't realize how fancy this place was. What she was wearing was fine however. She was the most beautiful person in the room.

I pulled her chair for her. As soon as I took my seat opposite of her, she kicked me.

"Ouch." I rubbed my leg from under the table. "What was that for?"

"Why didn't you tell me how fancy this place was. I feel so underdressed."

I rolled my eyes.She was so dramatic."You're not underdressed, you look beautiful as usual. I am." Looking at people wearing suits and ties, I felt only slightly out of place in my black shirt and jeans. But things like appearances didn't really affect me. I came for the food, not because of my clothes.

We picked up at our menus. Cara was flipping through it. She wasn't a picky eater at all. She loved all food, the problem was there were just too many choices. Everything sounded delicious to her.

About a minute into flipping through pages she sighed and gave up. "Order for me." She said. "You know this place better than me."

"Sure." I was glad to do anything for her. I happened to like her indecisiveness.

She started laughing to herself.

I stared curiously at her. "What's so funny." I smiled. I haven't heard her real laugh in so long.