Chapter 14

*Cara's POV*

I waved goodbye to Reid as he drove away. He couldn't see me so really it was pointless. I entered back into the house to find it in a state of equanimity. Ashley went back to laying on the couch reading a magazine and dad was on a chair reading a newspaper. They both looked comfortable enough. My entrance did nothing to upset the balance.

"Hey guys, what's up." I said sitting down next to her."What did I miss?" I asked inviting a conversation.

Ashley started first."Nothing really, so how was your date, where did you guys go? She placed the magazine down, her brown eyes instantly alert. My dad noticeably got up and made his way to his room, probably wanting to give us some privacy. I found myself liking my dad more and more.

"We went out for lunch at some seafood place, we talked a little, I grilled him on a few questions, he showed me how to eat a crab's leg. You know the usual." I shrugged.

She hit me with her magazine. "Could you be any more vague you jerk. I've been waiting patiently for you to get home so you can tell me everything, but then you give me a thirty-three worded sentence." She put her hands up exasperated. I could tell she was not a fan of my "question dodging" as she used to say it.

"When you say things like that Ash, it sort of freaks me out." I said reaching over her to get the remote. She waved her hands dismissing me playfully. "Anyway, it was good, the thing is he's different from what I thought he was. He has this hidden side to him that I didn't know was there. He told me a lot of personal things tonight, and I'm glad he did, because now I feel even closer to him."

"What were you guys talking about?" She grilled.

I bit my lip. I didn't know whether to tell her or not. What he told me was not something to just go around telling everyone, including Ashley. But on the other hand if I didn't tell her something, she would bother me for the rest of the day. "I asked him why he slept with so many girls and he told me. I am so glad he told me, because if I didn't know him well I would just assume he's some huge jerk. But he's not, he has more depth to him. He's a bit secretive, which you know I hate so so so much, but he promised not to keep secrets from me."

Ashley nodded her head sadly, and I was reminded that her relationship with Matt was still on rocky grounds. I felt bad for being so wrapped up in my relationship that I completely forgot about hers.I dragged her upstairs and made her tell me about her phone call with Matt. It wasn't that hard because I'm sure she was bursting to tell someone.

We sat down on my bed which had shoes, tops and hair products all over it. My room literally was untouched since I left the house at one thirty. I pushed everything to the floor and sat with my legs folded waiting to hear what she had to say. She joined me but still hadn't said anything.

"So, what's going on." I nudged trying to get the truth from her. I knew she couldn't wait to tell me, she was never one to hold a secret for too long, especially if it were about herself. I knew that I would have to keep asking till she felt obligated to tell me. "Come on Ashley, you know I'm dying to know." I exaggerated.

She rolled her eyes dramatically."Honestly nothing really happened, he called me, and didn't even apologize might I add, and then asked if he could take me somewhere to "talk".

This was news to me. "And what." I gestured for her to continue, talk about being vague.

"And so I told him I'd rather suffocate myself than go somewhere with him." She shrugged, but there was laughter in her dark brown eyes.

"Ashley you didn't!" I said shocked. Knowing her she probably did. Only Ashley had the audacity to talk to people like that, I could never have her boldness.