Chapter 31

*Day of the battle*

*Reid's Pov*

The scene around us was chaos.Wolves were dropping like flies.The rouges weren't as organized as we were and it looked like they were suffering the most casualties. We weren't doing that well either, but none of us would dare go down without a fight.

I watched as Max fell and two wolves descended on him. I jumped on one of then pulling him off of Matt.I sunk my teeth down on his neck and pulled till he stopped moving. I shuddered and spat out blood.

Matt easily took care of the wolf on top of him and was looking for more.There were so many wolves and we didn't want to mistake our own for them.

I was still surprised I wasn't dead. I definitely had a lot more strength than I did a week ago, even without training, but it would at least take a month to return back to normal. I ran at another wolf and we both fell to the ground.He managed to overpower me and I tried with little success to ward off his attacks. I howled as his teeth sunk down on my shoulder and ripped at the flesh.

In once last attempt I kicked him off.It didn't do much but it did enough.He scooted back several feet and Matt finished him off.

"You alright?" He mind linked at me.

I was bloodied and bruised but I was alright. I nodded and then it was back to fighting. I helped Austin take down one abnormally large wolf and I was on my way to help Jesse when something knocked me over.I collided into a tree and I could feel my vision going hazy.I stood up on shaky paws as three wolves stalked their way towards me. Fuck.

*****

*Cara's Pov*

"Don't you have a family?" I stood with my hands on my hips as I met Christian on my doorstep.It was Christmas Day and I was in a pair of pajamas with green avacado face cream on. My dad and I were playing checkers and I kicked his ass ten times before he gave up and went to go take a shower.

One look at me and Christian doubled over in laughter. I hit him in the shoulder.When he finished he handed me a present. "Here you go,"he thrusted it out for me, "Happy Late Birthday". I thanked him and as he turned to leave, I sighed.

"Why don't you come inside?" I opened the door wider. He smiled wryly and came inside.His eyes searched around and then look back at me.

He grinned."No decorations huh?"

I shook my head nope.

"Maybe next year."He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and he followed me to the living room. I plopped down on the couch and he sat next to me. I leaned my feet on him.

"Did you open your gifts yet?"

"Um yeah,"I thought back to everything my friends gave me," I got a watch and gift cards. I still haven't decided what to spend all my money on."

"Maybe on a Christmas tree, or some decorations."

I laughed loudly. This was why I was friends with him. "I'll make you some hot chocolate, how long can you stay?"

"Not long." We walked to the kitchen. I opened up the fridge searching for the ingredients to make it with.

"What did you get for Christmas?" I poured milk into the cup.

"I got a free trip to anywhere in the world and an iPad. I wasn't really expecting it, I didn't really ask for anything."

"Wow, where are you thinking of going?" I add three packets of chocolate into his cup. Christian liked his hot chocolate super sweet while Reid was the complete opposite, he preferred his with little to no chocolate. Don't even get me started on coffee. Reid didn't put any sugar in his coffee, just a drop of milk. Once I stole a sip of his coffee and started gagging. That was how disgusting it was.