Chapter 51

*Surprise Update ! Wooooooo*

*Cara's Pov*

At 12 in the afternoon Reid picked me up. I said a quick goodbye to my dad and Reid and I drove back into his house. He lifted me up bridal style and kicked the door open. "Home sweet home." He brought me through the threshold and kissed me. I giggled as he started to bring me upstairs. I wasn't the only one giggling.

Ashley and Lisa poked their heads out of the living room and were now watching us with full on grins on their faces. Reid put me down and I ran to hug them. We all three-way embraced, squealing and laughing.That was Reid's cue to leave. "I'm going to see my father now. Bye Lisa, bye Ash." He gave a little farewell wave.

Distracted by my friends, I almost had missed what he said. He just said he was going to see his dad- did that mean? My eyes widened and I immediately mind linked him.'You're not going to challenge your father right now are you? We didn't really discuss this. You don't have to do this.'

I was given no advanced warning of this.What if something happened to him and he got hurt? He didn't need to challenge his dad, I never asked or expected him too. 'Reid I don't-'

In three long strides, and in front of the girls, he walked over, grabbed me, and pulled me in for a kiss. I wasn't expecting it and I literally fell into his arms. He held me steady with one hand while the other cupped my face. He kissed me passionately. 'I have to. It's something I must do. There's no other choice.'

He pulled away and stared at me directly in the eye. "Understand?"

I muttered something unintelligent. He laughed and kissed me quickly on the forehead. He was still holding me up.Damn him and his powers of seduction. One kiss and he could make me side with him.

I took a step back and smoothed out my hair. I couldn't keep the blush off my face. "I'm coming with you then."

He took his hands off me.'No, stay and entertain the guests. 'He gestured to Ashley and Lisa who were pretending not to stare. 'I'll be back before you know it." He leaned over and whispered in my ear. 'Then we can unpack together and then maybe undress and if you're lucky then maybe I'll even do for you that thing you really like.' My eyes lit up. If it wasn't for the two girls 5 feet away I would have asked him to refresh my memory a bit. God why couldn't the girls have come over maybe an hour or two later.

Reid rubbed my arms and pressed his forehead against mine. "When you next see me, I'll be your Alpha."

You were always my Alpha. Since the day he saved me I swore my loyalty to him only. He turned around, glanced at me and then disappeared.Ashley and Lisa watched him leave. Finally they spoke."Did you see that kiss? My God that was hot. Did he get even more muscular or is that just me?" Lisa asked.

Ashley nodded approvingly."It's not you. I can see that too." I rolled my eyes. They needed to stop drooling over my man.Where were their mates?

We all moved to the living room to chat further there. As soon as I sat down Ashley gasped. I looked up startled. 'What's wrong.'

She gasped again, her mouth dropped open wide."I knew it! You two finally mated."

Lisa looked shocked herself too. Then she smelled me. "You're right Ashley, I can't believe I didn't notice. You smell just like him now."

"Oh my god Cara you must tell us how this happened." I shook my head. It was none of their business. Not wanting to divulge any information, I looked down at my hands instead.

I wondered if anything was left private now-a-days?

Ashley pinched me."You're not going to tell your best friends about your first time?" I shook my head no. That was after all a tender moment between me and my mate. Lisa understood and said nothing else but Ashley was always used to getting her way. She pushed me to the floor and climbed on top of me. Pinning me down, Ashley began tickling me.