29. Again.

A chestnut brown haired boy with glistening grey eyes ran towards Ariana. His adorable face smiled brightly like the sun. He squealed as Ariana picked him up and begun planting numerous kisses on his face. 

'Mummy, stop it.' He said, in his baby words. 

'I can't hep it, Adnan' She grinned, giving him even more kisses. It amazed and scared her how much she loved him and she couldn't imagine a life without him. He was everything to her and more.

'Now let Mummy fix your tie.' She said, as she knelt down in front of him and begun fixing his rustled hair and wiped away the lipstick marks she had left on his face.

May was getting married and Ariana was the maid of honour. After meeting Dave a year ago, they had decided to have a beach wedding and the reception at the hotel. Luckily, the weather was perfect and there wasn't a single cloud in the crystal blue sky. There weren't many guests just a few close family members of Dave's and their friends. But she identified herself as family and she knew that May felt the same. After all, May had been there for her during the toughest times, including her pregnancy and Adnan's birth.

'Now, we are ready aren't we?' She affectionately touched her finger on the top of his nose and got up to straighten her peach bridesmaid dress. She held his hand and entered the room where everyone was getting ready. She immediately was struck by how beautiful May looked. Her ivory fishtail dress fitted her and her usual big afro hair was swept up into a slick bun, with a single flower pinned in.

'Wow! May, you look absolutely stunning.' Ariana gushed as she quickly hugged her.

'Thank you love. Oh, doesn't my little man look handsome.' May said, as she crouched down to face Adnan, who immediately hugged her.  

'Ready?' 

'I've waited half a century for this, I've never felt more ready for anything.' May laughed. Her face radiated with happiness and love. She was a reminder that when that right person comes along, it was never too late to fall in love. 

It was time for the bridesmaids to exist. The two bridesmaid walked out first with the two best men and then it was her turn with her son accompanying her. They walked down the aisle that had red petals across, under the floral arch and stood next to the  floral inspired backdrop. Ariana quickly looked round the seats and froze. Her heart pounded as she wondered if she was seeing things. Alicia! What on earth was she doing here. It immediately struck her, if she was here, then...He was here. 

He sat in the third row, dressed in a beige blazer and trousers, with a crisp white open neck shirt. She followed his gaze and it landed on none other than her son. As if sensing her watching him, his eyes moved to meet hers. Before there was any time to react, the music begun and May begun to walk down the aisle. Her face beamed and her eyes were simply focused on Mark. 

After the ceremony and the exchanges of the ring ended, they moved to the reception and the party begun. Ariana kept a close grip on her son but soon realised that he was bored. So, she decided to let him play with the other children near the play-pen. She continued to watch him carefully but soon enough got caught up with conversations. Aidan and Alicia were nowhere to be seen.

Soon enough, Adnan arrived bleary eyed and tired. He crawled on to her lap and she knew that it was time to put him to bed. She got up and carried him to the staff room where they had an extra bed and laid him down.

She watched him sleep for a little while and knew that she had to return to see May off. Ariana took the baby monitor in case he woke up. As she quietly left the room, she almost jumped as Aidan appeared.

'I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry.' He spoke softly. She looked at him and walked past him as he followed.

'What on earth are you doing here? Just go. '