10. Trip

3 months later

'Come on everyone, into the coach please.' Ariana ordered. The year twelves were going on a field trip to an adventure land, on the coast of England. She along with another member of staff, Mr McDonald, and two other guardians were accompanying them. So far only one guardian had showed up Mrs Leyton, a middle-aged women who wanted to be younger.

Settling down on the window seat, Ariana looked out, ready for the long trip ahead as Mr McDonald called out the names. There was an air of excitement buzzing in the coach. It was nice to get away and preoccupy her mind. Parents stood waving at their children. Her mother had always done that, standing and waving whenever she had left the house.

She scanned the faces and realized that most parents were there, mainly mothers and then she ddi a double-take. Aiden.It had been three months since Ariana had seen him. After their fight, he seemed to have vanished. She had wanted to ask Alicia numerous times but didn't. The P.E teacher had been replaced that very day of their argument. The problem with the shooters had been dealt with, without her involvement and everything went back to normal.  It was what she had wanted. Nonetheless, it had filled her with a feeling of something missing, like she had lost something, or rather someone. It had been stupid of her to feel this way but she couldn't help it. Ariana had promised herself that if she did ever see him again, things would be different and she's apologize.

And here he was. His hair looked longer despite him wearing a grey beanie on top. His stubble had grown into a small beard which made him look the rough yet even more sexy. This man certainly wore a beard well. He was quickly coming near the coach, carrying a large duffle bag, with Alicia following behind him.  Ariana quickly sat back, feeling butterflies in her stomach. So he was the other guardian coming on the trip. She immediately sat up and got some papers. So, far he hadn't noticed her but it wouldn't last. They would be spending the next week together. 

Ariana dared to look up and their eyes met for a second before he walked past her seat and sat on the empty seats behind her. She was glad he didn't sit next to her. She needed time to work out how she should behave and get her over reacting emotions into place. The green fields, the greyness of the motorway passed by as the sun begun to set. She found herself nodding off, aware of her own movements. 

'Hey,' Ariana opened her eyes and found Aiden looming over her. 'We have arrived.' Saying that he left. 

'Oh ok. Thanks for waking me up.' She replied to no one in particular. She had missed the stop at the service station. Wow, she never usually slept so deeply. The kids were walking into the hotel as the valets gathered their bags. They were staying in a luxurious hotel.  It boasted of a spa, swimming pools and jaccuzzis. She was sharing a room with Mrs Leyton, while Aiden and Mr McDonald were next door. As they entered the grand foyer of the hotel, a waitress came with a tray of champagne. Mr McDonald and Mrs Leyton happily took a glass while she rejected it and to her surprise, so did AIden. 

'Sorry, Mrs Leyton, I just had to.' Ariana apologized as she jumped onto the bed. The room had two large beds. There was balcony, which overlooked the picturesque sea and beach. The bathroom was made of marble and had a wonderful shower and round bath. 

'No problem.' Saying that, Mrs Leyton did the same. 'It's good to get away. Sometimes I feel trapped or bored at home. Now that John has grown up, I wish I had more kids but I feel too old. Honestly Miss Adams, get a move on, because this is it. You either marry now, get started with the children or you'll be too old.' 

It seemed that this year was the time that everyone was saying the same thing. She was only 26! The next few days passed by fairly quickly. It was obvious that Aiden was ignoring her and she played along. He was only here because he had to be and the same with her. But she couldn't help but feel the tension every time they were in the same room or close together. Aiden said little to nothing to her even when she did try. Sometimes she'd feel him watching her and by the time she'd look back his eyes were somewhere else. Today was the trek or hunt in the forest as the supervisors had said.