30: Epilogue

''I promise anytime you call me
It don't matter where I am
I'll always be there, like you've been there
If you need me closer, I'll be right over
I swear, I swear
I promise anytime you call me
It don't matter where I am
I'll always care for you, go anywhere for you
If you need me closer, I'll be right over
I swear....''

 Adnan's sweet voice floated melodiously and Aidan played the piano perfectly. The family stared mesmerised by the talent. Ariana had proud tears in her eyes , clutching her hands underneath her chin. There was a bright rainbow in the sky. The grass was green and the smell of fresh rain mixed with fresh flowers encompassed the buzzing atmosphere. 

As the nasheed finished, the marquee echoed with applause. 

'I sung this song for my amazing sister. I wish you and my new brother the best future and all the happiness in the world. And as the nasheed said, I will always try to be here for you.' Adnan grinned and jumped off the stage to plant a kiss on Alicia's face. She then took the mic. 

'That was amazing and so perfect Dad and Adnan. I just wanted to say to everyone, thank you so much for being here and making our special day even more spectacular. My friends, colleagues and especially my family, my parents or should I say both pair of my parents,' everyone laughed, as Alicia's eyes locked with Ariana's, 'we've been through so much, but I wouldn't change it for the world. And if it wasn't for Ariana, my best friend and mum, I wouldn't have met this amazing man next to me. Thank you and I love you all for everything.'

After some more speeches, the band took over. Alicia beamed in happiness as she took to the floor with Aidan as they had their father-daughter dance. Soon Aidan and Adnan sat down on the table.  

'That was beautiful. I am so proud of you two.' 

'Dad and I make the perfect team.' Adnan said, high fiving his dad. And they were. From the very first day, Aidan and Adnan got on like a house on fire. They did almost everything together, from playing football to video games to doing chores and each time Aidan did it with a proud smile. It filled Ariana with a warmth knowing that she had a family again and the love of her life was here to stay. 

'Yes. I wish I had some musical talents so I could join you two.' Ariana said, enviously. 

'You're talented in other ways.' Aidan winked. Suddenly, his face became concerned as he looked down onto her stomach. 'Are you feeling ok?' 

'Yup. Just feeling a little tired. I'll be fine' She smiled as she rubbed her belly. Aidan planted a kiss on her. 

Everything had fallen into place although there had been a few heartbreaks along the way. Two weeks after their reunion, they had legalized their wedding. However, a few months later, Aidan's parents had died due to a boat accident. It had devastated Aidan, affecting both their lives. But they managed to pull through. Now, five years later, she was pregnant with her third child, her first being Alicia. 

Life is full of cracks, but it is only us who can glue them back together and fill up the holes. 

THE END