8. Date?

The school had returned back to normal but something, or rather someone was missing.  Rumour had it that Mr Stay had resigned from the school. She knew whose doing that was. It bought a small glee to her face. Aiden did it for her? However he had made it clear that he didn't care about her. Ariana decided to actively find him. 

'Hi Jane, do you know where Mr Jones might be?'

'In the sports hall. He's the new P.E teacher until the school finds a replacement.'

'Really?' She said, inwardly groaning.  

'Now the girls will definitely be doing P.E. ' Jane winked and walked away. 

Ariana took a deep breath and watched through the small window of the sports hall. He was in Adidas tracksuits, with a whistle around his neck and picking up basketballs. It felt weird seeing him out of his usual suit and tie, in the school. He was the epitome of a hot and fit P.E teacher. She shook her head. 

'You got him fired didn't you?' Ariana stood with her arms folded. Aiden looked up and smiled. 

'Almost didn't recognize you from the other night.' 

'Yes, or no?' She ignored his remark.

'No. I didn't get him fired.'

'You made him resign then?'

'I may have had something to do with that,' Ariana was about to interfere when he gestured a stop with his hands, 'and before you go on about how you can fight your own battles etc. he is an animal and deserved it. He is a risk around...girls and the students.' 

'Thank you,' Ariana said softly, 'for everything.' He's expression was one of astonishment. 'Don't look so surprised...I'd better go.'  

'Just tell me one thing, was it you that night who saved Alicia?' 

'You already know the answer to that.' She felt that he did have the right to know.

'Well, it was them.'

'Meaning?'

'They were the shooters, or one of their ruthless uncle. The shooters were the people who attacked Alicia that night.'

 'Oh.' Ariana felt a burden lift from her shoulders. She had failed to get a call from her cousin Aisha to confirm if that night had anything to do with her Uncle. However, her call wasn't due for another three weeks, and so Aisha's silence was expected. But this provided another problem.

'Well, the criminals have been found. Problem solved. '

''Not really.' He folded his arm. 'They're going to identify you as the woman who beat up his nephew. When it comes to motives, it's pretty obvious that revenge was on their mind. So, tell me Ice queen, why didn't you go to the police? What are you hiding?'

 'I don't need to answer to you.' Great, just when she thought they could be on good terms, he had to ruin it. 

'I'll break you a deal, you go on a date with me and i'll have this matter settled, outside public eyes and excluding your involvement.' Ariana looked at him in astonishment.

'A date?'

'Yes.' He smiled at her. She thought for a second. She knew the answer and it was always the same.

'No.' Before, he could say anything else, she fled. Something in her mind told her that he was not going to go to the police but settle it, with or without her.

                                                                        **************

A few days later, Ariana was on the phone. Ellie was once again lecturing her about getting a partner.