Chapter 5

"Hey! Sorry I'm late. A little hold up in the hallway." A guy sat down at the table and sorted his stuff. He rambled some more before looking up at me.

"Who is she?" Haley and Saylor looked at him for a second before bursting into laughter.

I stared at them curiously and they were just pointing and laughing at the guy. I shook my head and looked over at Chase and Jake for help. They were involved in some conversation about a game.

I rolled my eyes at all of them and pulled out my white board.

I'm Casey. Mute by the way. Yes, I know. That makes a very good agent. What's your name? I wrote.

He looked at me and nodded satisfied.

"I'm James. Fellow Hydra agent. The best tennis player you'll ever meet." He said. That made the girls laugh even more. I pointed at them with questioning eyes.

James shook his head.

"You're the girl. You tell me!" He yelled in confusion.

I gestured around my throat and shrugged. His eyes widened and mouthed an 'oh'.

I laughed silently so hard that I had tears coming out of my eyes. James shrugged and started talking to Chase and Jake.

The girls and I were laughing for the rest of the period.

"I better get abs from this." Haley sighed with happiness. Saylor nodded.

"Preach it sister." Saylor breathed out.

I rolled my eyes and walked to my next class, which happened to be sign language.

The class, in all honesty, was pretty boring. NONE of my friends were in there. I pretty much just sat there while people looked at me like a zoo exhibit.

Fun, right?

Needless to say, I was so happy when the bell rang.

I walked into the photography class and looked around the room. James was talking to a girl. They were laughing together and my eyebrows rose.

I whipped out my phone and texted Saylor and Haley in a group chat.

C: Is there a girl that James likes?

S: Oh, Lucy?

H: Are they both in your class?

C: Yeah. She obviously likes him.

H: She does but she thinks that he doesn't like her.

S: What a mess..,

C: Gtg!

I shut my phone and giggled silently. I've gotta get them together. The photographer and the tennis player. What a couple.

Photography was kind of boring after that. Every once in a while I would text Saylor and Haley but they were equally bored, so that didn't help.

In fact, the rest of that day was pretty boring. Being a librarian assistant was nice because no one else was there. I could just relax without having people stare at me.

Marching band was actually not boring! I got to get out Tracy the Trumpet (I was in 6th grade, don't judge) and played for the first time since the accident.

In fact, I don't think I had ever sounded better.

James, Haley, and Chase were in band with me. I also think that Lucy girl was there to take pictures, although, it seemed she focused on James' section.

Surprise, right?

Jake and Saylor have their horseback riding class this period. They are awesome at it according to the others, and according to them.

As soon as the day was done, I waved goodbye at the boys and got in the at with Saylor and Haley. They chattered on the way home and I listened silently.

I smiled softly and looked out the window.

Who knew something so good could come out of tragedy?
••
Hey...

I didn't update for a couple of good reasons, sorta.

1. Doctor Who

2. Lokitty

3. I had youth group yesterday.

4. Still trying to take over hydra.

5. I've decided that I am emotionally unstable after watching the Bucky end credit scene in Ant Man.

Don't judge.

I can feel you judging me.

THAT'S ALL!!

TTYL