Why You Gotta Be So Mean? [Filler]

Once again, I have to dedicate this to you, being as though, sixteen (and a half?) years later, we're still BFFs!

"Liam, you jackass! Slow down!"

Liam spun around to where he was running backwards, a stupid smirk on his face. "Hey! You're not allowed ta say that word!"

"You gonna tattle on me?" I asked, still trying to catch up with him.

"You still gonna tattle on me kissin' Julie Morgan?"

I glared at him, stopping in my tracks. Hands crossed stubbornly over my chest, I said, "You can't kiss girls!"

Liam stopped running backwards. "Why not?"

"Cause you're not s'posed to till you're older."

"How much older?"

"I dunno. My daddy says I can't kiss boys 'till I'm thirty."

Liam smirked. "So does that mean ya wouldn't kiss me?"

"Eww! Don't be gross, Liam!"

He laughed hysterically, dramatically falling to the forest floor and rolling around like the seven year old idiot he was. "You shoulda seen your face!"

I just glared at him.

"Like I'd ever wanna kiss you!"

"An why not?" I blanched.

Liam looked up, leaves sticking out of his chestnut head. "Cause you're my best friend, Piper. That'd just be weird."

I stalked over and sat beside him. "I know that." Even though I was still mad at him for disobeying his parents, and for running from me, I was just a little bit curious. "So....what'd it feel like?"

"Kissin' Julie?" Liam shrugged. "Stupid."

I rolled my eyes. "Then why'd you kiss her, dumby?"

He shrugged again. "Cause she asked me."

I snorted. "She asked you? That is stupid."

Liam turned his head lazily, flashing me a toothy grin. He had just lost the teeth on either side of his two front teeth and he looked really silly when he smiled. "I know. But I barely kissed her, anyway."

"How'd you kiss her?"

Liam wiggled his eyebrows mischeviously. "Want me ta show you?"

"Eww! No!" I laughed, standing up and running.

Liam started making kissing noises as he ran after me. "The Kissy Monsters gonna getchya!"

"No, no!" I screamed in mock terror. "Not the Kissy Monster!"

Liam's eyes bugged. "You have a horse?!"

I nodded, barely containing my excitement. "Isn't that so cool?!"

"Yeah! Let's go riding right now!"

I laughed as Liam grabbed my hand and practically dragged me down to the barn. Daddy already had my pony, Molly, all tacked up and brushed down.

"Isn't she beautiful?" I asked Liam.

Liam stared at her, beaming. "She's awesome! Can we ride her?" he asked my dad.

Daddy nodded. "Only in the round pen for now, though."

We nodded.

"Piper," Daddy asked after he led Molly in the round pen and closed the door. "You want reins?"