D'you Want S'more?

I wasn’t really sure what to do with myself as of late. I wanted to go to Arizona to see Sooki so badly. Maybe I shouldn’t want to go to help her, but she’d been my friend for nine years. Sure, she should have known better than to drink with my boyfriend, but he was a dick, even to her. When she called, she was sorry; honestly sorry. And the thing was that I believed everything she said. David never would have even told me.

  I didn’t tell Liam. Hell, I didn’t tell anybody. But I especially couldn’t tell him. Not yet, anyway. I wanted him to come so badly, but it just wasn’t his place. I would never put him in that position just because I selfishly wanted him to be there with me. It would only rub it in Sooki’s face, anyway.

  I knew, eventually, I would have to tell Liam. I would have to tell Liam a lot of things eventually. Like, for instance, Kyle. I still was feeling pretty guilty that I had used him….even if he had it in his head that he was using me, but life goes on. I knew Liam hated Kyle; even though he wouldn’t tell me why, so pardon me that I was a bit hesitant in opening that particular can of worms just yet.

  Too lazy to get off my butt and go down to the barn, I called Liam’s cell.

  He sounded amused when he picked up. “Yes?”

  All my troubled thoughts swam away at the sound of his voice. “Hello.”

  He chuckled. “Hi. Where are you?”

  “I’m in my bed…completely naked,” I teased.

  “Stop,” he scolded.

  I laughed. “Oh, Liam, you’re such a good boy.”

  “Mmm, too good, one might think.”

  I rolled my eyes. “I’m bored.”

  “Come down to the barn, then. There’s plenty of stuff you can do down here.”

  “Aw, Liam, you’re no fun. I can’t believe you want me to go all the way down there just to help with your job.”

  “Maybe that wasn’t what I was suggesting.”

  I gasped. “Liam! You naughty!”

  He laughed. “I’m kidding. Why aren’t you down here?”

  “I’m too lazy to get up,” I whined.

  “Oh, Piper, don’t whine. It doesn’t become you.”

  I laughed. “Look who’s turned into Mr. Bossy.”

  “Nah, I’m not bossy.”

  I snorted. “Yeah, sure you’re not.”

  “I’m not!” he defended.

  “Okay, okay, you’re not bossy,” I laughed.

  “Thank you.”

  “You’re sexy.”

  “I like that a lot better.”

  I laughed. “Hey, Liam?”

  “Yes, duchess?”

  My heart lifted every time he called me that. “After work, you wanna go somewhere?”

  He chuckled. “Where?”

  I shrugged. “Anywhere.”

  He laughed softly. “Sure.”

  “Cool. I’d better get dressed, then.”

  “You’re kidding…you really are naked up there?”