Whoa. Rewind. Everyone Take a Deep Breath and.....WHAT?!

• Dedicated to Virgi; love you, chicka!

    Would it be terribly pathetic if I told you I was still mad at Liam? Would it be completely ridiculous if I told you that was a week ago?

  So far, I was surviving the spring. Just another two months and a half and off to Arizona I go for the summer! Sooki and I devised a plan. Whatever plans Liam had over the summer, he could count me out of them. Pronto. Only now was the reasoning for wanting to get the hell outta dodge slightly because of him. This whole grown=up-best-friend thing was not all it's cracked up to be.

  You know what I mean. According to the books and movies, I was supposed to be in bed with Liam like a week ago. Fortunately, I didn't go by the books. That, and, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I was a practicing virgin.

  That's all that's being said about that.

  Avoiding Liam was a lot easier than I thought. I finally knew the days he worked at the farm!

  Every day. But still. I knew the hours!

  He got there as early as seven o'clock. So, all I had to do was wake Lulu up early so we could have breakfast at McDonald's at six o'clock and find something to do until school started. Liam left the farm, however, closer to eight thirty. So, I just had to calculate the right time to pull down the driveway. At four thirty he was training horses. It was a longshot, I had to leave directly after school, but I always made it.

  You wanna know the really sad part? I hoped he'd figure it out and know exactly why I was mad at him and finally stop liking me.

  That and I really hated avoiding him........

  I mean-it was hard work!

  Ugh, but anyway. You know, part of avoiding Liam is not talking-or thinking-about him. If that really is true, I'm doing a lame job, indeed.

  I found out, though, it wasn't hard at all to forget about Liam. As it turns out, you can think of something else entirely and end up wishing avoiding a boy was your simplest problem.

  All your parents had to do was sit you down in the living room one day after school and say:

  "Honey," my mom started. "We have something to tell you....."

  Initially, I'd been relieved in Arizona when they'd sat me down and told me we were moving. At first, I thought they were going to tell me they were getting a divorce-even though that was completely out of nowhere. My parents were happy together. It would be like dropping an atomic bomb.

  So, naturally, as they sat me down again the word DIVORCE flashed across my mind like the plague. I just sat there, waiting for them to continue.

  My mom looked to my dad and I could see she was hiding a smile. It made me want to shake her and scream, GET ON WITH IT ALREADY! But I maintained my cool.

  My dad nodded, giving my mom the go.

  My legs and hands shook with anticipation and now I was sure it showed in my eyes.

  Taking a deep breath that seemed to last a whole five minutes, my mom finally said, "Honey, I'm pregnant."

  I just sat there, my face blank. Wait, had I heard right? I'm freaking seventeen years old-almost eighteen-and my mom just now decides to have a freaking baby? Was that even possible? Ew, that meant my parents still "did it". Ugh, so blocking out mental pictures right now. I mean, but seriously! I thought there was like an age limit or something?

  "Oh....gross," I muttered under my breath without thinking.

  Luckily, my mother heard not a word and carried on with her story. "I know, isn't it wonderful? You're going to have a baby sister!"