Meeting Him.

I see Logan walk out of his gate, down through the small airport, right to baggage claims. I know it's him because I was creeping him on Instagram & Twitter between text messages last night. I know what your thinking, why not check the vlogs? Yes, I could have went back like 2 years & seen him but, I don't like that. I wanted his voice & personality to be a surprise.
Logan looked super hot, with his grey Trixin button down, a pair of black jeans & a pair of cowboy boots on. He had his hair nicely done & definitely looked as if he was a gentleman.
I see him looking from side to side to spot me. I think he just gives up because I'm practically invisible from where I was sitting. I see him just give up on looking, bringing his attention onto the conveyer belt of many suitcases in front of him. He picked up his 2 suitcases & I see him stay out and not move from his position.
I took this as my chance. I walked quietly over to where I was about 6 feet away from him. I took a moment, just to make sure this is what I wanted to do. I then, just jump on his back quickly.
I giggled and screamed, loving that I was finally seeing him, touching him, meeting him. He looked behind his shoulder, started to laugh as well & then readjusted me on his back. I know we've only spoke to each other the first time yesterday, less than 24 hours ago, but I feel like I've know him forever.
I slide off his back after about 5 minutes of us running around Pocatello airport , having so much fun of just being in each other's presence.
We ask each other how we were doing, I asked about his flight, he asked about my car trip, just making small talk. We continued to do so as we loaded Logan's small amount of luggage into the Suburban. We both hop into the car.
There's a moment where it's just complete silence, just us staring into each other's eyes. And I loved every second of it, his eyes were the most amazing shade of blue I've ever seen. But, it was getting to the point of being awkward & I started up the car & stated " We are going out to lunch at Wingers, my treat!"
"I agree with Wingers for Lunch," Logan says with that dorky little smirk on his face, " only if I can pay!"
I roll my eyes sarcastically, " Alright you can pay, but don't expect this as a date or anything, dude." I say, giving him the "look".
" Why would I? Just two friends going for some good food!" He says, again with his cute smirk.
********************
"We're here LogiBear!" I say, seeing him quite intent into his phone. It is his job, then again. Surprised he hasn't asked for a picture for Instagram!
"Alright, let's go!!"
We both jump out of the car, he grabs my hand, takes the keys and locks the Suburban & slings his arm over my shoulder.
We have a nice meal, talk about my family, our childhood, living with Shay, the Vlogs, YouTube and everything else really. It was nice to have such a great conversation with such a sweet guy.
I let him pay for lunch, just because. We then, head out to the Suburban. He jumps in the driver's seat; leaving me to the passenger. I flick on the radio and we make about a half hour journey back to Shay's.
The journey back to Shay's was fun! We sang, laughed, smiled, talked about this summer, but my favourite part was near the end, the last 10 minutes or so, where my head was on his shoulder and one of his hands was playing with my hair.
When we get to Shay's, I see that my car is back, pulled into the drive way. This means that Shay & Colette & probably the kids were all home.
We get inside & the house is silent. No kids? That's odd. I walk into the living room with Logan's arm around my shoulder. I see Colette cuddled up with a fluffy blanket on the sofa, watching The Bachelor.
"Welcome back Honey & welcome to your new home, Logan!" She says! " Shay's in his office; you can head on in if you want bud!"
Logan heads to talk to Shay, while I sit down next to Colette.
" Hey, how did the trip go?"
"Good! Really nice for some alone time. And Kayli went up in her car & picked up Casey & Trevor. So it was just me and Shay on the way back. So nice for us to talk alone for a while. Things have gotten so busy around here lately, we haven't had a Date Night even the past two weeks."
" That's nice! So where's the kids? Downstairs or Over to Kayli's?"
"Well, they're sleeping at Laurie's tonight. I figured I give you & Logan some time to settle in. Speaking of Logan, looks as though things are well between you two!"
"Haha, well we have clicked but I think just as close friends."
"Mhmhm. Rightttt. 'Just friends' whatever Bee!"
"We are..." I say getting cut off by someone yelling from behind me.
"Hey guys, so this is a one taker today because BeeTard wasn't around as she had to pick Logan up so no Vlog footage from her, the kids are at GrandmaTards, so no cute footage of them, I was on an airplane & Colette was driving 3 hours to pick me up. So that's why we don't have any footage. I know we promised movie night footage today & some of these two love birds" Shay was vlogging, so he would have some footage for Today. I can't believe he's done this for 8 years and is back to DAILY vlogging again. He had just pointed the camera at myself & Logan, who has now occupied himself on the couch by me & his arm around my waist. " but we figured we let them settle in and do the movie tomorrow after church! We will see you all tomorrow with a great new video byee!" Shay shuts off the camera and sits beside Colette, who has moved away from Logan and myself to another part of the sofa.
We planned on seeing Get Smurfy tonight but we decided to wait another night.
"Okay guys it's still broad daylight out! So by the time, I get settled into my room & we all clean this house, it'll be around 5:00! Maybe we could go out to dinner & come back here to watch a movie!" Logan says, trying to get us all on our A-Game.
"Actually Logan, how about I make dinner tonight and we have a nice night in, just the four of us? I thought that would be more relaxing!" I say enthusiastically.
"Why don't be so silly ClaireBear, I can help!" Colette says, as always trying to be a busy bee!
"No, that's alright! You have a night off for once! It's my treat!" I say, seeing that Colette definitely needed a break. I see Colette open her mouth to say something but before she can Shay cuts in.
" Well, if we want to have dinner today, we better stop arguing and get started!"
We all laugh a little bit and then get off the sofa on our way!
I help Logan unpack into his new, brightly painted room which takes less than 45 minutes. I thought he would have a lot more where he's moving to a new spot.
He then offers to clean the downstairs main area, so I can clean the kitchen and dining room & start on dinner.
I leave Logan to do his work downstairs & happily walk upstairs. I see Colette busily cleaning the living room.
" Hey momma! I'm going to take the dining room & kitchen. Logan got my office, kids bath & the main downstairs. My bed and bathroom is already clean and I will clean the kids room while dinner is cooking. Is there anything I can help up here with?"
"Well, I got the laundry room, family room, the mudrooms, the pantry ,my bedroom & our bathroom. Shay got both of our offices, the filming room, the garage & the half bath. I think that's all. Logan can probably help you with the kids rooms as well. I think we are all covered."
"We work well as a team!"
I leave Colette to clean the dining room which has little mess. It takes me less than 5 minutes to do that.
I then, go into the kitchen to start cleaning there. I pop the dishes into the dishwasher and press start. I'm surprised they all fit in one load.
We were only doing "a tidy up", so I didn't have to clean the oven out or anything. I put the remainders of the food boxes into the pantry & put the garbage into the bin. I decide to help Colette out a little by cleaning the Pantry as I still had only had cleaned for 10 minutes or so. Cleaning the pantry took a little while, as much was out of place. I organized it all back into better places & took all empty boxes and expired food to the trash bin. Once I finished that, it was around 3:30.
I decided it was probably time to start preparing dinner. I decided on this as the menu for this evening as I know we all like to eat fairly healthy and aren't that picky. Our meal would be this lemon and thyme chicken breasts, grilled asparagus (with some olive oil, pepper & garlic salt) , garlic bread, and some oven-roasted potatoes (with French fry salt). So yummy!! I make my famous sparkle punch, which includes sparkling apple cider, orange soda, lemonade concentrate, sprite & of course edible glitter blended together! I also remember that I had bought some peach non-alcoholic wine (as none of us drink alcohol) , so I put that in the fridge to chill for our movie night. For dessert, I made a warm blueberry cobbler, topped with some homemade vanilla ice cream I made a few nights ago.
I also made some chipotle-garlic edamame, Carmel popcorn for everyone else, muddy buddies & marshmallow pops for our movie night.
I know that might sound like it took a lot of time but it was all done by 430. I put it all dinner & dessert in the warmer & our movie snacks out into our chill room in the garage. I head downstairs to start on the kids rooms as we have another half-hour until dinner is supported to start.
I walk into both Avia's, Gavin's & Emmi's rooms and their all spotless. I walk next door to Brock & Daxton's room & see Logan putting the last frog on Dax's bed.
I walk up to him and hug his waist from behind. He's the sweetest guy I've ever known.
" Hey I was gonna do these! What's this for?"
" I just wanted to help you out! You are making our awesome dinner after all!"
"Well we are all done & so is dinner! So let's go help Shay & Colette!"
We walk upstairs hand and hand to see Shay & Colette sitting on the sofa.
"We're all finished!" We all say in unison and then giggle.
"We definitely work well as a team! Dinner is almost done is why don't you guys head downstairs and have a small game of foosball while I set the table. And that means you too Colette! I want it all as a surprise!" I say, nudging them all to head downstairs.
"But, But?" Colette says, almost with tears in her eyes. I see it's killing her not to take over her motherly instincts to help out.
I giggle "No buts about it, downstairs! All of you until I say to come up!"
" Okay.." Colette says, a little disappointed. Shay & Logan were already downstairs, probably intensely in a game.
I shut the door that leads to the downstairs & lock it.
What they all don't know is that I took the small round table from my old house that I had in my hangout out & I'm going to do a beautiful candlelight dinner for them.
I bring out my small wooden table & set it up in the family room as we had already had the other dining table in place. I placed my table on their new wooden floor the had put down & began setting the table.
I put four of my beautiful antique chairs our for us and placed some white chair covers over them with a black bow on each. I put a polka-dotted sky blue with white dots table cloth down that had beautiful lace edges. I put out some white cloth napkins and folded them hearts like my grandma taught me. I lodged a small fresh lilac on each and put out Colette's beautiful blue dishes out with clear wine glasses. I put equal amounts of food onto each of our plates & leave the dessert in the warmer. I poured each of us a glass of my punch & put Colette's "hotel water" tap full of my punch on the small table she already had in there. I surround the jug with tea lights. I add my finishing touch; a bunch of tea lights in a heart formation in the centre of our table.
I think it's all ready for them. I unlock the basement door & pull the intercom lever. I'm nervous.
"Attention Colette Katy, Shay Carl & Logan Mckay! Your dinner is now ready! Please come upstairs to the family room!" I say in a fancy voice.
I hope they like it!
-------------------------------------------------------
This is a really long chapter! A lot has happened in it! I'm so excited for you guys to read the next chapter! Eep!
QOTC:
If you had to make a meal for Colette, Shay & Logan, what would you cook? Comment Below!