Will you be my...

This is my first book… I hope you like it!

 *If some of you will feel like it's a little cliche, I promise you, you like it more as you read on....

Chapter 1- Unexpected Question

Another boring day in Winford Elite High School, yes, emphasize on the word “elite” and no, I am not rich like most of these students here. You might be wondering why I am here or how can I afford to go to this prestigious school if I’m not rich. Well, the only ticket that I have to enter this school is my scholarship. I am a straight A student and the president of the student body here in Winford. I don’t even know how did I win, since most of the people here treat me like I’m sort of trash because apparently, I am not one of them.

The name’s Trisha by the way, Trisha Smith. My parents left me when I was seven years old and since then it was Nathan’s family who helped me survive that tragic event of my life. Nathaniel Parker is my best friend and probably the only friend I have. He is also rich like the other students in Winford. His family runs their own business and one of them is a coffee shop, where I am working to sustain my daily necessities.

 I am very lucky to have a friend like Nathan. Even though he is rich, he never treated me like the way the others did. I can always feel his care and love towards me. Well, I am not sure with the latter part. I am not going to deny that I’ve kinda had feelings for Nathan since we were thirteen years old. It has been three years now and yet I am very coward to tell it to him.

 I am afraid that he will not feel the same way or worse it might ruin our friendship. I can’t risk that. Nathan is the only one I can talk to in this school and he is the only reason why I am staying here and not in some ordinary school wherein I will be treated fairly.

Who am I kidding? Nathan will never look at me as more than his best friend. He can practically have any girl he likes with his brown hair, sexy voice, and six pack abs—not that I’m looking at them…well, who am I kidding? I can’t help but to stare when we are swimming on the beach—not to mention he is smart and that he is the Vice President of the student body. I am always wondering how on earth I won over him. Sometimes it makes me think that he did something to make sure that I win.

Nathan is always like that, he wants the best for me; and there are times that I feel like he might feel something for me but in the end I will always come up with the conclusion that he just treats me like a little sister even though we are just few months apart.

 Ugh! Enough with these thoughts, I will end up being hurt again because Nathan has this thing for Alexis Branch, our school’s Barbie doll. She thinks she rules this school because she is the captain of the cheerleading team and her dad has a big share in the school. I don’t get it why the boys are all head over heels over her. She is technically a witch of the twenty first century. She is luring every man here in Winford under her charm. Like from what I heard, she just broke up with her boyfriend, Joshua Carter, a.k.a Winford’s Hottest and Most Wanted Guy. Maybe the reason is that, he is the captain of both swimming and basketball team. Can you imagine that? I never even thought that was possible, but since his father has the biggest share in the school I don’t think that would be impossible. Unfortunately, he is not the hottest guy for me since he is a total jerk and a he practically dates almost the entire female population in this school 

 Alexis and Joshua have this on and off relationship, since both of them practically cheats on each other, but this time I think it was Alexis who broke up with him. I don’t know how to…

“Ouch!” I shouted as I fell on my butt, holding my head, since I’d slammed my face on Jim Johnson’s locker. Wow! This is what I get for gossiping about other people’s life.

“Watch where you are going, Coffee girl!” Jim shouted.

 Ugh! That’s right. I forgot to mention people call me “coffee girl” here since I work in Nathan’s coffee shop. But seriously?! “Coffee girl?!” Can’t they be more creative like “Espresso Girl” or “Latte Lady”, and yet they came up with “coffee girl”! I just hate this. People like Jim, Alexis, and especially Joshua thinks that they are the rulers in this school. Even the teachers give them special treatment. No wonder that jerk thinks he is king. 

As I was slowly getting all my books from the floor and fixing myself I saw the C that I got in Physics. What?! Physics is not as easy as it looks it may be the only subject that I can’t master. I know that people think of Calculus and other hard subjects but I just don’t seem to get why they are hard. Well I think people think of the same way in my part for physics. I need to fix this and I need to ace my next test, if not, goodbye scholarship and goodbye Nathan. 

 Whoa! Speaking of the devil, Joshua Carter is actually going this way and he is looking directly at me! What the heck did I do to him? I looked around and there is no one in the corridor, I must be late! Crap! I need to run to my next class because I can’t afford to be late and technically I need to run away from Joshua because he seems furious. He can’t possibly read my thought a while ago, that’s impossible! Anyway, one word: run 

 Slam! My back was against the lockers and Joshua is here in front of me. Wow, so much for running for my life. I gaze at his ocean blue eyes and his messy but stylish golden brown hair. His arms on each side of my face, the way he flexed his muscles was…. wait, what am I thinking? Then when I was about to speak and ask him to move away, he did the cruellest thing he can do to me

 He stole my first kiss!

Then he pulled back and said, “ Will you be my girlfriend?”

Ok I’m so sorry if my writing sucks but I hope you will take time to read the next chapter…..I promise that it well get interesting especially when you reach chapter 12 hehe