Chapter 17

June 10

That night we did the same thing as last night: we went to the common room and visited the V1s.

This time, though, Lea came with us.

"Hi!" said Sophie. "You must be Lea. I'm so glad to meet you! I heard that you started getting powers! What are they? Telekinesis?"

Lea backed away from Sophie. "Uh, sort of?"

"This is Sophie," said Gloria. "She has the power of chatterboxiness." Sophie grinned.

"No, that's my power!" argued Fay.

I laughed. "True."

"Actually, I can read minds," said Sophie. "Jamie can create light, Emily can turn invisible, Tessa can control water, and Morgan can control fire." I hadn't noticed the blonde sitting in a chair in the corner, muttering to herself.

"Where's Katie?" asked Gloria.

"She didn't like my plan," said Emily, walking over to us with Jamie. Before we could ask ''What plan?'' she said, "C'mere," and motioned for us to follow her over to Morgan's corner.

After we all gathered around Morgan's chair, Emily told us her plan. Lowering her voice, she said, "We're going to break out."

"YES!" yelled Gloria, earning herself a glare.

"But first, we have to wait until the doctors are done with you. You don't know what could happen to you with your messed up genes-" Well that was insulting. "-and if anything bad happens, you'll most likely die. But until you're ready to leave, we need to learn as much about this place as we can."

"We've been thinking about this for years," added Morgan. "But they have both security cameras and infrared sensors everywhere. But maybe you guys, when walking to your treatments, could take note of where possible exits are?"

"Okay," I said. "I could try to draw a map of the place."

"Me too!" said Fay.

The door to the common room opened. I turned around to see who it was, scared that it was one of the doctors or Amanda or something. But it was one of the V1s that I'd never met before.

"Taylor!" exclaimed Jamie. "You came!"

She smirked. "They had to inject me with so much calming medicine that I was practically knocked out." I could tell right away that this girl was bad. (There's supposed to be another word after 'bad' that I don't want to say.)

"No way!"

"And when I woke up, Ally and Katie were leaning over me with a marker so I sliced their faces off."

"What?!" exclaimed Emily as us V2s stood by awkwardly. "Why would you do that to them, Taylor?!"

Taylor shrugged. "They were going to draw a moustache on me. And anyways, Katie was there."

"If you wanted revenge," piped up Gloria, "you could have just drawn a moustache on them. I would've helped." She had a crazy smile on her face that meant bad, bad, things. Well, mostly crazy Gloria things.

"Great idea!" Taylor held her hand up for a high five. Gloria smacked it hard. "Who are you, anyways?"

"I'm Gloria, and this is Madeline, Lea, and Fay."

"I thought there was supposed to be eight of you," observed Morgan.

"Didn't anyone tell you?" asked Sophie. "There's a team searching for the other four right now."

"What's their names?" Lea asked desperately. I understood why. I didn't want Jess, Rose, Erica, and Grace to suffer the same fate as us. Well, we're not really suffering. Yet.

Then, as if I had jinxed it, Sophie said, "I think it was... Rose, Grace... Jessica... and maybe... Emma?"

"Erica," Fay muttered.

"My worst fears have been confirmed," stated Gloria.

Then, everything went black.

Fay screamed. "Freddy!!!"