Chapter 28

Erica felt an uncomfortable stiffness underneath her back. She tried to move, but realized she was strapped down. She was blindfolded, too. That's why she couldn't see anything.

She heard footsteps and stiffened. Someone was walking towards her. Her restraints loosened, then fell away entirely. Someone had come to save her!

Erica jumped off the board and reached for her blindfold. Her rescuer punched her in the stomach. She doubled over, winded and shocked. "Wh-"

"Don't even think about escaping. I have a gun," said a gruff voice that she couldn't recognize. Erica's heart sank. This was one of the bad guys. "Come with me," he ordered, and prodded her back with his gun.

Erica stumbled forwards and walked in the direction of his footsteps. She had to feel her way around and hope that she was going in the right direction. Footsteps aren't exactly loud.

Suddenly she was shoved again. "You can take your blindfold off now," said the gruff voice. A door slammed shut behind her.

Erica tentatively peeled off the blindfold and found that she was facing a wall. Kind of embarrassed, she turned around-

And saw 14 thirteen year old girls.

"Erica!" someone yelled in excitement. Was that... Rose?

"Rose!" she yelled, running over to her. "You're alive!"

They hugged, and Erica heard more familiar voices. Gloria, Fay, Lea, Jess...

They exchanged happy greetings.

"Oh my gosh, I missed you so much," she murmured.

"So," said Gloria. "Tell us your story."

"You guys didn't tell them yet?" Erica asked Jess and Rose.

"We were waiting for you," said Rose.

"You didn't have to..." Erica looked at the ground, feeling kind of bad. But no one heard her, because Jess had launched into their story.

As they spoke, more and more of the girls joined and soon there was a big crowd. The attention made them nervous, and they started stumbling over words and forgetting what they were going to say.

When they were done, the other girls asked them questions, and they talked and started getting to know each other.

Then the alarm started blaring.

More Than Humanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें