Epilouge

The meeting with our parents was filled with tears and hugs and "I'm never letting you out of my sight again"s. We all stayed in a motel overnight in the closest town, which was a small town in Wyoming called Sundance.

Some important doctor-researcher people wanted to do tests on us, so we flew to Chicago and stayed there for two months. Eventually, though, they decided to let us go on with our lives. We made them promise not to tell the media, and Gloria even made them sign a contract.

They said the 'damage' done to our DNA by the people at the Institute would fix itself and that everybody who was associated with them were imprisoned.

My parents were glad beyond words to have me back. Things were a bit awkward at first, but eventually everything was back to normal.

Which meant one thing:

School.

"Maddie!" yelled Erica, running toward me. I was locking up my bike in front if the school.

"Erica!" I hugged her. "How are you? I haven't seen you in forever!"

"Pretty good. But it seems like there's kidnappers EVERYWHERE."

"Yeah, I get what you mean." Since we got back, I've always had the feeling that someone was following me or watching me, ready to strike. Those video screens that I saw, the ones showing Grace's house and all of our houses, was burned into my mind. I tried to convince myself that I was just being paranoid, but I couldn't. I truly felt like there was someone watching me.

But those are worries for another time.

Erica and I walked into the school.