13.MORE THAN A BAND

One afternoon we met at Stella's house. We all were there: Stella, Mariah, Charlie, Robert and I.
We were laying on the grass and we wanted to do the same as an scene of our dear movie Lemonade Mouth where all the guys of the group are watching the clouds that there are in the sky and saying what their shape looks like, so that's what we did.
Suddenly, I realized that I hadn't told anything about my life to any of my new friends except Charlie, although I even had told him just a few things.
I started to think about my situation of then and that sadness wich felt so often came again.
And I started to cry.
-Hey, hey. What's wrong? -Stella asked to me, cuddling my arm carefully.
The other guys seemed worried too.
That was when I told them that my father was in prison since almost three years ago.
It was because one night he was in a car with a job colleague and friend of him and they found the police on the road doing an inspection, something wich sometimes happens. The police found some drugs in the car's trunk. It was hidden under their two briefcases.
Te two car's voyagers said that they didn't know what was doing that there, they even know that they had it. But it was obvious that one of them was lying.
My mother and me were completely sure that the only guilty was my father's friend. My father was a good and trustworthy man and we couldn't think any other way.
Throught it all, they condemned him with at least six years in prison untill they could do a judgment wich, as always, is something that sometimes you have to wait so long for. He had accomplished the half of his condemnation already, a perdiod of time wich had been insufferable for me and I couldn't imagine three more years of torment. I missed him too much!
-But you go to visit him with your mother sometimes, no? -Charlie said.
I, who now I had sat down on the grass while I was telling the story, looked down and sighed. Then I answered:
-She does, I don't -all of them looked at me with confused expressions-. It's not that my mother doesn't allow it to me it's just that I'm afraid to feel worse and frustrated when I see him and realize that I can't do anything to get him out of there. I know that you maybe find it silly, but I don't know... I'm so afraid and I feel so helpless and... -but the tears wich then had started to flow hard from my eyes again didn't let me end the sentence.
The guys came closer to me and they give me a joint hug so we were all together.
Then Stella, who had taken her acoustic guitar into the garden, took the instrument and started to play some chords wich I didn't recognize at the beginning. Untill Mariah started to sing:

I can't pretend to know how you feel
But know that I'm here, know that I'm real.

Then Robert continued to sing just as the character from Lemonade Mouth who looked like him did in the original version of More Than A Band, wich was the title of that song:

Say what you want or don't talk at all

And they both ended the first strophe together with the sentence:

I'm not gonna let you fall

It was me who sang the chorus:

Reach for my hand 'cause it's held out for you.
My shoulders are small, but you can cry on them too.
Everything changes but one thing is true, understand: we'll always be more than a band.

Stella continued with the second strophe. We were still doing it in the same order as the characters in the original version from the movie:

You used to brave the world all on your own.
Now we won't let you go, go it alone.

According to the movie, it was Robert who should had sung then but it was Charlie who sang a little out of key:

Be who you wanna be, always stand tall.

We ended the song singing all together, united. It was a magical moment, perfectly according to the song's lyrics wich talked about friendship. I loved those guys. I loved them and that afternoon I had seen that they loved me too.
Because, as that song said, one thing was true: we were more than a band and we would always be.
At least that's what I thought then.