24.AIN'T IT FUN?

Once I had told them the half of the thoughts that wandered in my mind and worried me I felt I had taken most of the anguish inside of me away .

Althought that song explained it in a sassy way from my point of view, I looked Ain't It Fun's lyrics' meaning as a message to communicate to everyone who had or was going through or a caution for who would have to go through a similar situation to the one which the song talked about because almost everyone had to do it at least once in their lifetime. Something which included me.

Actually, I already had went and was going through that.

Firstly, isolating myself from everyone after they arrested my father. That had made me lock myself inside that bubble which Ain't It Fun talked about.

And besides, I had always been very innocent, something which had kept me in that state until I met my friends.

They had opened my eyes. They had given me a reson to live and have fun, an objective to pursue, a wish.

And it was that wish what gave me strength to face the world like we had done by then to avoid the destruction of the now called The Lemon Tree Park, to inhale eagerly the fresh air every morning, to keep smiling and getting mad at inequities.

I had reduced my stage fright and my excess of shame. And that fact had enabled me to do my best and find what I really liked to do: singing.

And that's what I would have to do the day after that Friday when we were at the building were Little Stars was recorded rehearsing with our personal "manager" named Paul.

Finally we finished.

"Are you ready for tomorrow, guys?" Paul asked us.

We only answered with not convinced whispers.

Paul laughed and then said:

"Don't worry. If you do it as perfect as you've done it right now and you give your best you'll surely succeed. And by the way, I know I've already said it to you but I wanted to congratulate you again for the choice of song. It's very powerful and it fits in perfectly with the way you are".

"Thank you" Charlie answered softly.

"Any question about how everything's gonna work tomorrow? Remember that you have to be here around 5pm for the last rehearsal, to test the lights, do your makeup...".

Since he had mentioned it, I thought of something to ask him, something I was curious about:

"I guess there will be audience like there was the day of the casting, right? Where do you get all those people from?"

"Some of them call us just because they really want to come, they pay the entrance and that's all. And... I shouldn't tell you this but the truth is that then we invite some more people just to get the sits that would remain empty occupied, it's a question of aesthetics, you know".

The time came to broadcast live the programme.

There had yet to perform five bands before it was our turn but I felt more nervous than I had felt the day of the casting. I was even dizzy and I had a feeling I was going to faint at any moment.

The first band, Bright Notes, was composed of five girls aged fifteen or sixteen. They all sang, so they had chosen to perform a cover by the American band called Fifth Harmony of the song Honeymoon Avenue which was actually by Ariana Grande.

They didn't do it badly, but their performance wasn't as "bright" as their name indicated.

The second band, of which I don't remember the name, was composed by four members: three boys; a singer, a guitarist and a bassist; and a girl who played the drums, something which was pretty unusual. They played Holiday by the world-famous punk-rock band called Green Day.