31.THE SINKING SHIP

That week, it just happened to luckily be holidays so we didn't have to go to school.

Even so, the pressure and the stress were still remain in our daily lifes. We didn't do anything else but practise. The final programme of Little Stars was close and it got us all pretty nervous.

I would had missed Victor so much if he hadn't come to see some of our rehearsals at Charlie's basement as he did sometimes. Evelyn often came too. They acted as the audience and commented pretending to help. Although they were teo of us' boyfriend and girlfriend they were blunt and their criticisms were really honest. "I think Mariah is too still and static" said Victor. Or "Robert, you don't do very well that part" commented Evelyn. "The singer has gone out of tune now" my boy spoke out again. "Charlie, you'll never get that part if you don't repeat it again".

The truth is that they weren't so wrong because Paul, our personal manager who guided and directed us during each show's preparation and implementation, always told and corrected us similar things. We were so lucky to have those three.

Wednesday afternoon not all of us practised. I was exhausted so I allowed myself to take a rest just as Mariah and Robert also did. But each one on his own. I spent most of the afternoon reading on my bed untill it started to get dark. We were already at the end of May so it wasn't too cold and it would take the sun a couple of hours more to be completely hiddden behind the horizon.

My mother didn't object to it, she let me go out. Already in the street, I started to walk to the Lemon Tree Park, but I changed my direction after a while.

I knew where Victor lived but I had never gone to his house yet. Then I realized that neither had him gone to mine. Neither I know if he would be there nor he would be annoyed if I went there unexpectedly.

I rang the bell and waited. Moments later, a boy opened the door. It was David, Victor's old brother and the local's director.

"Hello!" he greeted me cheerfully. We already know each other anyways. "Victor's on the living room, come in".

I walked next to him shyly and followed him through the hallway which leaded to a wide living room with a comfortable sofa where my boyfriend sat down. I got close to him and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"Well... I am going upstairs and study" his brother said pointing to a staircase on one side of the room so we'd get some intimacy.

Once the sound of his footsteps stopped Victor spoke up:

"Well, so what do you wanna do?"

"I don't know..." I answered feeling nervous. It's true that we had been together since a couple of weeks ago and we trusted each other more every day, but it was the first time I was alone with a boy at his house.

"Do you feel like watching a movie?" he asked.

"Which one?"

"I don't know, Titanic?" he suggested turning red.

I had never watched that movie before but I, as far as I knew, it was too sweet for me. And even though I have never liked love movies, I thought it was gentle that he wanted to do something romantic, so I agreed.

The movie was long and a little annoying. I think I even fell asleep on his shoulder during some scenes. But the kisses mixed with the salty and tasty pocorn we had made before watching the film entertained me.

"I would risk my life for you too" I said once it had finished.

"Me too. I'd do anything for you. I love you so much, Leila" he answered kissing my forehead.

Then we fell asleep holding hands on the sofa.