32.THE BREAKTHROUGH

On Thursday and Friday we were rehearsing over and over again the song we would play at the finals. It was Breakthrough by Lemonade Mouth. It was the last song that was played in the movie, which was funny because it would also be the last song we would play in Little Stars.

This time they would consider it as a special programme, so it would be the people in the audience the ones who would vote who should win sending a message to the programme's number, calling or just online.

We were about to have a nervous breakdown when it was our turn.

Lonely Melody had performed before us, playing Famous Last Words by an alternative rock band called My Chemical Romance perfectly. It was a very strong and emotional song and they had done it perfectly. The truth is that I didn't think we really had any possibility.

We started with Robert on the keyboard and me singing:

Oooh yeah hummm breakthrough

Then it suddenly came a faster part with the guitars, the bass and the drums.

Up, down, spinnin' all around

Fly high, fall into the ground

Sometimes dreams can feel so far away

Then the first verse ended up with a couple sentences more and it came the part before the chorus which was sung by Stella and Mariah.

Stella:
Sometimes it's raising your voice

Sometimes it's making some noise

Sometimes it's proving to the world it was wrong

Mariah:
Whenever you can't see the light

Whenever there's no end in sight

Keep on, keep on moving on

Keep on moving on

Then it came the powerful and impressive chorus which talked about a great step or breakthrough. It said that it came a day, a moment, when you have to go for it, go for what you want and not let it go. You have to make a fresh start in spite of everything because you are closer to your goals every day... And it finished with one of the most wonderful quotes in the world to me: "Life is just a rollercoaster". And it was just very true.

Life was just a set of good and bad times when you might went from the top and start a long and dangerous fall to the bottom. Until you went up again or you just went through a straight course without bumps which ended up being boring. Sometimes you went up and down slowlier or faster, enjoying or suffering the raise or the fall.

What was always there were emotions, feelings, sensations. When you are on a rollercoaster you feel alive because of the adrenaline, the fear, the anguish or the fun you are having... And life is like this. And that iss what it is about, it is about feeling alive and knowing how to get the best from each one of our phases and emotions. It's about feeling them intensely and knowing that the reason why we're feeling whatever we're feeling even if it's something we don't like it is because we are alive. And, just like any rollercoastee ride does, that journey will end sometime. So the aim was to enjoy it as much as possible.

And that is exactly what I did while we were playing that song. Regardless of what could happen once we had finished. Whether we won or lost, I felt alive during that moment. Our moment.