33.NOW

The result of the vote was totally unexpected for everyone.

There were 5,200 people who voted. The score was like this:

Lemonade Mouth: 2,600 points
Lonely Melody: 2,600 points

Draw. Something unpredictable and not even planned. They announced a break for half an hour so the coordinators of Little Stars could discuss what to do about that disconcerting situation. It seemed like it was something they hadn't thought that would happen so they would have to improvise a little.

Because, by the little information they gave us, we knew that at first they thought about making us jam, like if it was a jam session. It was normally when jamming when you could see the level of coordination and companionship between the band members and their musical skills and creativity clearly.

They finally didn't decided that although what they suggested wasn't so different than jamming. They would allot us a song by chance and we would have an hour to learn it and get ready to play it. They had at least a little mercy, because the song they were going to give us would be by one of the bands or singers that we had already played some song by in past programmes. We would have to play NOW by Paramore.

We would must be very fast. It wasn't a simple song. It's true that the chords and the harmony weren't too complicated, but the melody and the beat of the drums weren't easy at all. In addition, unlike many songs, the bass part was very important not just in the base but also in the first voice.

Through it all, we got it sooner than we had thought. We thought the lyrics were great and very fitting to those circumstances.

We were so close to the victory... But that song was our last chance. If we didn't do it better than Lonely Melody, they would take it all away from us. Winning was obviously not the most important thing. We had have so much fun and had learnt a lot during those great weeks thanks to that programme. The truth is that we had gotten a lot of good things from it. But it would also be a shame and we would get really angry if we couldn't win when we were about to get it. The second prize was also a little tour but not across as many places as the first prize's one. And we imagined how great it would be to go and play across all the country, travel together, letting people know about is, learn from our audience's critiques, play for more people, play in more stages and record an album, play in a studio, and play and make music, and play, and play...

This time we would perform before Lonely Melody. Any of both of the bands knew which song would the other band play. The tension joined the tiredness. That night was being even longer an more intense than Little Stars' nights already used to be.

Charlie clapped his drumsticks together to mark the beat and the beginning of the song and we started:

Don't try to take this from me

No-o-o-ooh-o-o-ow

Those were the introduction's sentences which were replayed so then it could start the first verse:

Feels like I'm waking from the dead

And everyone's been waiting on me

Least now I'll never have to wonder what it's like to sleep a year away

But were we indestructible?

I thought that we could brave it all

I never thought that what would take me out was hiding down below

We were indestructible. And we were going to win.

Then they came my favourite sentences from the part before the chorus:

Lost the battle, win the war

I'm bringing my sinking ship back to the shore

We're starting over

Our head back in

There's a time and a place to die but this ain't it

And the chorus:

If there's a future we want it no-o-o-ooh-o-o-ow

And the second verse:

Wish I could find a crystal ball

For the days I feel completely worthless

You know I'd use it all for good

I would not take it for granted

Instead I have some memories for the days I don't feel anything

At the least they will remind me not to make the same mistakes again

Lost the battle, win the war...

We hadn't lost at all. But the draw had taken the chance to win the past battle from us. Now we would win that "war". We would stand up again even if we hadn't enough strength. We wouldn't give up in that moment. We wanted a future for 2 Lemonade Mouth, if there was any.

And we wanted it NOW.