36.OUR OWN WAY

I was woken up by the first and dim morning light, those hesitant rays of sunshine that had been moving through and invading my face and were licking carefully my face. I blinked and saw I was laying on a bed, facing a white wall. I stretched my legs and turned around.

Then I remembered everything.

I observed Victor's face, he was sound asleep and already bare-chested. His gentle and relaxed expression highlighted even more the beauty of his innocent and somehow childish features.

I slowly got closer to him and pressed my lips against his cheek carefully so he didn't wake up.

And I waited.

I don't know how long I waited, but the fact of being looking at Victor's pretty face entertained me enough so it wasn't too long to me.

Once he got up, we went to the kitchen together to have breakfast. Just when we were getting out of the bedroom we found her mother who didn't hide her surprise.

"It's Leila" Victor's voice waved since he was really nervous. He had told me that he had already talked about me with her parents some time but that moment' circumstances were quiet violent. "She slept here last night"

Her mother raised her eyebrows. I couldn't tell if her expression was in approval or the contrary, it was difficult to decode. She didn't say anything either. She just took a sip of the cup of coffee she was holding in her hand and went to the living room.

I left very quickly just after having a great and delicious cup of hot chocolate for breakfast.

It hadn't been too long since we had came back from the tour. But even so, there was so much work to do during summer yet.

The second part of our prize of Little Stars was recording our own album with the record label we had sign a contract. They were enthusiastic about how much we had worked during the tour so they had high expectations.

According to them, unlike many artists and bands they had worked previously we had a strong personality and our own and unique style. Each normally alredy had their personal composer who wrote the songs for them so they just had to perform them. They wouldn't provide us that luxury.

They thought we had enough talent and attitude to write our own songs. We could obviously keep playing covers and we could even put one of them in our album, if we wanted to. But since they found us completely able to do it, they wanted us to make most of the work on our own but always with some help.

Yes, we would have a composer for us. But he wouldn't write songs for us. He would just help us since we had no experience in it.

The truth is that we all were pretty proud of the result. Most of the songs were about our story not only as a music band but also as a group of friends.

Songs like Forever Together, We already won, Make it Through, Possibilities or, my favourite, Our own way:

The first verse:

Here we are
We got this far
Don't even ask how
'Cause I don't know now

Without you
This wouldn't be true
But now it's something
That pulls me in

And now we are...

The chorus:

On our own way
Fighting everyday
Happier I couldn't be
'Cause you are still here with me

And this journey keeps going
And I promise I'm showing
So please don't go, just stay
We're building our own way

The second verse:

I wouldn't have imagined ever
That we could do this together
We're going to tell them all tonight
That it's just gonna be alright

And if you ever feel lonely
Just remember our story
Look up at that bright star
That tells you who we are

And now we are...

And the chorus again:

On our own way
Fighting everyday
Happier I couldn't be
'Cause you are still here with me

And this journey keeps going
And I promise I'm showing
So please don't go, just stay
We're building our own way

The bridge:

Our way...
When I feel broken inside
I won't just be alright
But this makes me stronger
And hold a little longer
'Cause we're on our own way...

And then it was replayed the chorus a few times more finishing with it.

It was a precious song that wanted to express how much being in that band had helped us. Music and our friendship had kind of healed us all, specially me. It was amazing how we had gotten so far. Together we had done what once seemed a folly to us. Thinking about that always made me smile. However, that adventure hadn't finished at all yet. It had just got started, actually. And the best was hopefully yet to come.

************************************
Thank you so much to everyone who's reading this fanfic, seriously. I hope you like it and, even if it does or not, I'd like you to comment and let me know it. It always helps a lot and I'd be forever thankful.

Follow me on twitter: (@laguipikiyokian): https://twitter.com/laguipikiyokian?s=09