3- What Do You Remember?

Alice

Headache.

That’s really all I could feel when I woke up the next morning. I didn’t open my eyes in attempt to make the pain go away, I just laid there and kept breathing heavily as if I was still sleeping, maybe that’d help the pain go away.

“I know you’re awake.” I heard Lance’s voice from somewhere around the room. Was I in his room? “I have Aspirin.”

That made me open my eyes. And when I did, I saw that I was indeed in Lance’s room, sleeping in his bed. It smelled like him. Just as my eyes landed on Lance, he sat down on the bed beside me, handing me a glass of water and two small pills.

I eagerly threw them down my throat and prayed for them to work fast, my head was pounding. Luckily, Lance had the curtains covering the windows so that it was pretty dim in the room. “Thank you.” I croaked, laying down again and closing my eyes. Damn hangovers.

“Sure thing. Ben should be bringing some toast up to you soon.” He told me as he studied me with a weird look on his face.

“Zoey hasn’t woken up yet?” I asked, very confused as to why he was looking at me like that, like he couldn’t quite figure me out.

“Nope, still out like a light.”

I attempted to nod, but grimaced when all it did was bring more pain to my head. “Alright.” I mumbled awkwardly. “Um, Lance?” I asked slowly.

“Yeah?” He asked, continuing to look at me with that weird look on his face.

“Why are you looking at me like I have two heads?” I asked slowly.

He blinked a few times, surprised by my question, and then looked away. “I didn’t know that I was.”

“What’s going on?” I asked quietly. “You’re acting all weird and stuff.”

He closed his eyes, as if he was thinking, and then opened them again and looked at me. “What do you remember?” He asked me.

“From last night?” I asked in confusion. When he nodded, I tried to think of what I remembered from last night- which wasn’t much. “I don’t know. I remember drinking and then dancing, that’s pretty much it. Why? What’d I do?”

“Nothing!” Lance said very quickly and way to loud, causing me to wince at the painful volume. “S-sorry.” He stuttered. “You, uh, you didn’t do anything.”

“Something tells me your lying.” I mumbled, now concerned for my sake. “What happened?”

“Alice, I said nothing, okay?” He said with a forced laugh, but I could tell that he was lying and his eyes were buzzing back and forth and it looked like he was trying to decide what to do. Most of the time, he's a good liar but not when it comes to me. I can tell when he's lying even easier than Zoey most of the time and it absolutely drives her crazy. Anyway, right now, I know for positive that he's lying out of his butt. I will get to the bottom of this.

“I may have half a mind right now, but I think I can still kick your ass.” I told him, only 20% joking.

He laughed again, only this one wasn’t as forced. “You can’t even kick my ass with a full mind.”

I smiled, but didn’t do anything else, knowing it would only make my head hurt more. “Seriously, Lance. Please tell me what happened.”

“Nothing bad.” He croaked, standing to his feet just as Benjamin, the head butler for the Chase household, walked into the room. “I’m going to go check on Zoey.”