24- I'm Stupid And Lonely

Zoey

Beer pong.

Of course he was playing beer pong, it was really the only thing that he’d be caught dead doing at a party, especially one this size, with people that he knows. I don’t know why he was here, but I was mad that he was, because he was ruining this party for me. I was going to have a good time and party and dance and help Alice with her Jason vs. douche brother situation, but no. I mean, that kind of happened, but everything has now come to an abrupt halt because of that stupid jerk.

“See!” I shrieked in a crazy panic, expressing my great panic to my best friend, so she could clearly see how badly I was freaking out at the moment. I think I was on the verge of hyperventilating at the sight of that stupid black haired boy as he stood at the beer pong table. He was facing our way, I knew that he was going to see us if we didn’t move quickly. “I told you, I so told you. Now can we go? Before he sees-“

It was too late. His brown orbs looked up and they landed right on me. He looked surprised to see me, but then his surprise faded off and he gave me a sad look. I tried to glare back at him, but I had no idea what it looked like on my face. It could have been a smile for all I know, I just wasn’t aware of my facial expression at the moment, all I know is that I was staring back at him and I couldn’t move. I hadn’t talked to Danny in over a month, yet just looking at him for the first time in said month, my knees were going weak and I questioned if I was going to pass out or not.

“Okay, if you really want to go, then I guess we can.” Alice sighed with disappointment. Sure, I wanted to leave just a few moments ago, but that was when I thought that I could escape without being noticed by Danny. Now, that effort was futile, as we were still making eye contact. He saw me, so it was pointless to leave and ruin Alice’s fun too, that wouldn’t be very nice to Alice, since I knew that this party was really fun for her, nobody knows why, but she’s just weird like that, as I’ve stated before, I’m sure.

“No.” I said harshly. I was still mad, and I know that I shouldn’t hold a grudge, especially for so long as a month for just a simple lie, but I really trusted Danny. I really liked him. Don’t you remember me ranting about how excited I was about having a casual friend? I remember, because I was incredibly excited about having a simple friend, who I could talk to about things. It makes me sick now, knowing that everything that I told him could potentially be blasted in the school newspaper, or worse- an actual newspaper. Or worse than worse- a magazine, or in the actual news. I’m not sure if he’d do that or not, but he might, I don’t know. When I realized how mad I still was at him, I realized that I didn’t want to be mad, I just wanted to forget about Danny and his stupidness. I moved to the table and picked up a red Solo cup from it with a mix of alcohol inside of it. It might not have been safe to just pick up a cup, but I didn’t care, I just wanted something going through my system other than chilled beer. “No, I’m not leaving now.”

“What? What just happened?” Alice yelped, now completely confused. There was too much going through my mind to explain to her what I was thinking or why I wanted to stay now. “Zoey,-“

“You go find Jason, I’ll catch up with you later.” I interrupted her because I knew that she was just going to attempt to quell my newfound and rather unreasonable anger towards Danny. He wasn’t supposed to be here, he’s too socially awkward to be here, so why the heck was he here? Crashing my party? He is such a freaking buzz kill!

“How much later? What are you going to do?” Alice asked me, now seeming worried about the way that I was acting. I was just standing still with that Solo cup in my hands- I hadn’t taken a drink yet, it was just in my hands. My eyes remained locked with Danny’s, even across the yard. Neither one of us were moving, he was just standing there at the beer pong table staring at me just as intensely as I was staring at him.