22- Who Is Sadie Hawkins?

Alice

“Batman.”

“Superman.”

“Batman.”

“Superman.”

“Batman!”

“Superman!”

“You’re wrong.”

“I’m right, you’re wrong.”

“Alice!”

“Zoey!”

“Batman is obviously better.” Zoey told me matter of factly.

“Batman is named after a vampire bird.” I shot back. “And he’s not even a superhero, he’s a rich man who’s good with technology and he can fight.”

“He can fight?!” Zoey reiterated incredulously. “He is a master at every martial art there is, he can’t fight. He can kick ass any time, any day.”

“Except for Superman.” I added smugly. “Because he actually has super powers.”

“Batman can kick Superman’s ass anytime, all he needs is a green stone and Superman is powerless. A green stone, that’s it!”

We’ve been having this debate since we got up that morning. How we got onto the topic of superheroes, I have no idea, but I do know that it has become a very large debate.

“I know what I’m wearing today.” I declared, standing up from the bed after I’d brushed through my hair. I made my way into my closet, since we’d stayed at my house last night. “This’ll show you!” I called through the door.

Everybody knows that Superman is the best. The best of the best, really. I have no idea how I’m best friends with somebody who’s all for Batman. She makes me sick. But I guess that’s why we’re best friends then. And this wasn’t even a real argument, we were only joking with each other- but not actually joking because our views on the matter were obviously different.

I emerged from the closet in blue Converse, red skinny jeans, and a blue crop top that tied in the front with the Superman logo on the front. I topped it off with a gray baseball cap with the Superman logo on the front and nerd glasses. I also grabbed my yellow nail polish, since I had time to do my nails before we had to leave for school.

“Oh, you are going down, missy.” Zoey threatened, marching into my closet once I got out.

“You’re defending a bat!” I called into the closet after she closed the door and I started painting my nails. “Your argument is invalid. And besides, Clark Kent is so edible.”

This made Zoey poke her head out of the closet, but keep her body hidden behind the door. “Have you not seen Bruce Wayne? Because he’s probably the most edible person out there. And where’s the Superman movie, huh? Because Batman and his scrumptious body have four movies, and that’s only the Christian Bale ones.”

“Superman is just so under appreciated.” I muttered, sitting on the edge of my bed and covering my nails with yellow nail polish. “And Superman does have a movie.”

“Yeah,” Zoey snorted, going back to assembling her outfit in the closet. “From 1970.”

“1978, excuse you.” I retorted.

Zoey came out of the closet with a grin on her face. “I win.”

“You lose.” I denied, looking at her outfit, which consisted of yellow shorts that showed off her long legs, black suede wedge trainers on her feet, a gray jacket with black sleeves and yellow designs on it with the Batman logo on the right side, and a grey Batman baseball cap with the logo on the front.