37- The Day Has Finally Come

Alice’s POV

“Do I look okay?” I breathed.

Zoey nodded and then Jason nodded. “Yes, Ali,” Zoey laughed. “you totally look hot.”

“I mean, I don’t look too slutty, right? I want to look hot, but not slutty. And it has to come off easy because we’ll be in the back of a Hummer, so there’s not much space. But these shoes, they’re more your style, he won’t like, think that I’m you or anything, will he? I guess covering up with the jacket will make it look better, so I guess, so yeah, that’s-“

“Alice!” Zoey shrieked to get me to stop rambling. “You look amazing, and even if you went in yucky sweats or something, he’d still do you in the back seat.”

“You really think that?” I breathed. “Lance only comes home once, though. This has to be absolutely perfect.”

“It will be. You need to pick Lance up in an hour and then you guys have two hours to spend together before you bring him back here for the party, which you don’t need to worry about because me, Jason, and Danny have it all planned out and it’ll be perfect. Everything will be perfect, I promise.”

I nodded. “You’re right. Everything is going to be perfect.”

“That’s the spirit.” Zoey beamed at me. “Now, go and get your happy ending.”

I nodded at her and then looked at Jason. “I’ll see you when we get back?”

He nodded back at me and then pulled me into a tight hug. I think that he silently worried that we wouldn’t be as close as we are now, with Lance coming back. Not because Lance wouldn’t let him come around out of jealousy- he wouldn’t do that-, but because I’ll want to be around Lance so much. I mean, that’ll be true for maybe a week, but I’m never going to not be friends with Jason until he doesn’t want to be friends. He’s such an amazing friend.

“O-okay.” I nervously stuttered. “I guess I’m going now then.”

“You still have a little bit of time before you have you leave.” Zoey informed me.

I nodded. “Yeah, I know, but they could get there early or something.” I defended meekly. “Gosh, can you believe it? This day has finally come and everything is just going to be so perfect, for both of us.”

“I know,” she giggled softly.

“Right, well I’ll see you in a few hours then.” I muttered, grabbing the keys to the Hummer, since I was actually going to be driving to the park and I was going to take Lance’s beloved Hummer, because he just loves that car so much that I’m sure he’s missed it dearly. I said one last goodbye to both Jason and Zoey and then leave my room to go downstairs where the Hummer was parked out front.

I saw Patrick in the hallway, so I waved a hello to him and then continued walking down the stairs.

Once I got in the Hummer, I just sat in the driver seat for about five minutes as I just listened to my own raspy breaths and tried to acknowledge what I was about to drive into. I was seriously going to see Lance again after so many agonizing months apart and it was just going to be so amazing. So amazing that it just wouldn’t sink in for me about what was really happening, I just couldn’t really believe that I was about to see Lance again.

When I found the courage to do so, I started the large car and began the twenty minute drive to the park where, a long time ago, I said goodbye to Lance, because that’s where he told me that I should pick him up, although I haven’t talked to him in a while, he’s talked to Zoey and she gave me the message.