8- I Sound Like The Back Of A Cereal Box

Alice

“You look amazing.”

“You also look amazing.”

“Well,” Zoey giggled, flipping her hair over her shoulder for added girly affect. “It’s what I do.”

I rolled my eyes at my weird best friend. She was wearing a really pretty dress- it was silver with black lace over it, and very conservative, considering it was a party being thrown by her overly strict and suffocating parents. The dress went to her knees and the silver that poked through the black lace matched her silver ankle boots that were studded with fake diamonds so they sparkled. One of my favorite pairs of shoes, which is why we share them. Well, we actually share all of our clothes, really. Zoey was wearing a black ring that was shaped like a bow and a silver pyramid studded bracelet that I know her mother will have a fit about, but of course Zoey doesn’t care. Her hair was in a wavy pony tail.

I was, of course, more girly with my outfit- A red dress that had a layer of red lace over top of it and only the lace covered my arm. It flared out past the small golden belt, unlike Zoey’s that hugged her figure, but not too tightly, of course. My flowing red dress stopped right above my knees and I was wearing tan ankle boots with faux fur wrapped around the top. I had a spikey golden ring and a mix of red and gold bangles dangling from my right wrist. My hair was bobby pinned to death to all stay over on shoulder.

“Ready?” I asked her.

She nodded, a bit nervously considering her date was downstairs with Lance, waiting for us to get down there. We were at my house, so we had to drive over to Zoey’s. I haven’t met this Danny kid yet, but I was excited to. I was also nervous, however, because tonight, me and Lance made our relationship public. And neither my dad nor his parents are going to be very happy about it, I know it.

“Yeah, let’s go.” She said with a small smile as we walked out of my room and decided to be lazy so we took the elevator. In our defense, we had deadly heels on our feet, so it was dangerous to go down those stairs.

When we got into the living room, Lance was talking to a tall, black-haired boy who must be Danny. Both of them were wearing dress pants and long sleeved button up shirts.

“Took you long enough.” Lance smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Um, hello? We’re girls, it’s what we do.”

“Yeah, well now we’re late.”

“And you’re impatient.” Zoey snapped as Lance managed to sneak in a short kiss before she could see and then complain. She was talking to that Danny kid, thankfully.

“Well, Danny, this is Alice.” Zoey chirped, motioning her arm towards me. “And Alice, this is obviously Danny.”

I smiled at him and stretched my hand out to shake his. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Um, yeah, you too.” He muttered with wide-eyes. He seemed sweet. He had dark, shaggy hair and he was tall… really tall.

“Okay, we gotta go or our mom is going to murder us.” Lance spoke up, nearly pushing us all out the door, with my hand in his.

“I can’t believe you’re going to be late to your own party.” I giggled, sitting in the passenger seat of Lance’s yellow Hummer as he drove away from my house and down the small amount of road between my house and Zoey’s.

“It’s your fault so I don’t want to hear it.” Lance chuckled.

“Children, please no fighting.” Zoey chided. “Do you know that she’s going to be there?”