23- We Look Hot, Don't We?

Alice

“You’re so weird.” Zoey huffed at me.

I grinned back at her innocently as I zipped my right boot. “But that’s like, the number one reason that you love me so much.”

She rolled her eyes at me and turned off the hair curler that she was just using to curl her long dark hair. “You’re lucky that I love you so much, actually. Because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t be going to some stupid high school party tonight.”

“It’s going to be fun.” I assured her with a huge smile. “It’s a costume party, and Halloween is the best holiday ever.”

“Keegan is having a party tonight, too.” Zoey pointed out, starting on her makeup.

“Keegan has parties almost every weekend, and his isn’t a costume party. Come on, you have to be at least a little bit excited for this, Zoe. We’ve never been to a high school event before.”

“I’m not excited.” She lied.

“Danny probably won’t be there.” I told her, detecting why she would be in such a sour mood about going to this party.

She glared at me, which was a sure fire sign that I was right- she didn’t want to go in fear of seeing Danny. “How do you know?”

I shrugged. “He’s a loser, he won’t show up. Besides, you haven’t talked to him in over a month.”

Zoey sighed heavily and puckered her lips to dab a little bit of lip gloss on them before starting on her eyes. “Okay, fine.”

“So you’re excited now?” I grinned.

She chuckled with a small nod. “Sure, I’m a little excited.”

I did my makeup earlier, so I was just waiting on her to finish hers before we were ready to head downstairs where Jarrod was waiting to take us to Jason’s house. Even working on this project with Jason for a month, I have never been inside of his house, I’ve only seen the exterior of the front when I’ve dropped him off. And tonight won’t be any different than that because Jason has informed me that the party will be out back, not inside of the house, because they have such a large back yard.

When we got downstairs, we walked through the kitchen and then we were almost to the living room door when I heard a voice call us.

“Where are you two going?” Patrick asked, walking into the room.

I turned around to face him, his eyes were all on Zoey, basically molesting her. It was probably because we were dressed in the most slutty possible outfits that we could find. We were dressed as Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, with skimpy white shorts and a blue bra-like shirt that tied in the front and gave everyone a show of our cleavage, with a blue silky cropped jacket thing that was open wide and the only thing it hid was our arms. The outfit was topped with white shiny boots and we each had a blue and white pompom each. “Halloween party, duh.”

“You look like sluts.” He observed, keeping his eyes on Zoey, scanning her in different areas. It was rather uncomfortable, but we had it coming, I suppose. From what Jason had told me about him and his brother was that they didn’t get along in the slightest. Aaron, Jason’s brother, was a year older but he failed a previous grade so they were both seniors. Aaron was incredibly popular- though, I’ve never heard of him- and he’s always teasing Jason for being a ‘little loser’. When Jason told me this, I figured that it would be nice for Jason to get some revenge on his mean older brother. And what better revenge than to make this Aaron guy jealous? Zoey agreed and we decided that we should dress in the sluttiest outfits humanly possible and then when/if Aaron approaches us, we’ll make sure that he knows that Jason was the one who invited us and that we only wanted to dance with Jason. Jason disagreed with the plan. He said that, although it would work, it wasn’t necessary. We vetoed his veto.