44- You're Freaking Out

Zoey

"You look ridiculous." Alice laughed.

"What? No I don't." I rebutted looking down at my outfit. We had just finished getting ready for Spring Fest today and Lance, Danny, and Jason were all waiting downstairs for us. I didn't know why we were going to this thing because the last time we went to the Spring Fest was when we were twelve. I mean, yeah it's fun, but Alice is just so random about this stuff as of late.

"Yeah, what the heck is that thing?" She asked teasingly, playing with my fringe vest. I was wearing dark skinny jeans with black platform booties and a blue galaxy bandeau that showed off most of my stomach along with a black leather vest that stopped mid torso but there was black fringe that dangled down to my thighs.

"It's a vest, it looks cute." I defended.

"You're so weird." She giggled, hooking my arm through hers as we left my room and began trotting down the hallway to get to the guys downstairs. Alice was wearing light wash skinny jeans with a simple pair of peach-ish heels and a floral corset bandeau that showed off about four or five inches of her mid-section and a peach crochet lacy vest kind of thing. We both looked cute, if I do say so myself.

"And you're so mean." I accused her as we reached the living room where all three guys were watching something on the large flat screen TV.

"It took you guys long enough," Lance muttered when he saw us approaching. He used the remote to turn the TV off and all of the guys stood up from the couch, preparing to leave.

"We're girls, get over it." I sighed, taking Danny's hand in mine.

Lance rolled his eyes at me and then we were all walking towards the main door to the house. We all agreed that we only wanted to take one car, so we all squeezed into the back of James's SUV, I sat on Danny's lap, Alice sat on Lance's and poor Jason got the window seat beside me and Danny.

"Hey, Zoe, have you talked to Mom lately?"

I shook my head because truthfully, I hadn't talked to her since that whole thing at dinner when I went back-first into a coffee table and then she called me afterwards about colleges. "No, not for a few months. Why?"

He shrugged. "She hasn't called me."

I scoffed bitterly. "She probably doesn't even know that you're back. I told her, but she's forgetful."

"Well, my mom is coming back soon. I think she'll be here before prom." Alice announced excitedly.

"Prom?" Lance echoed.

Alice nodded. "Yes, prom."

"You're going to prom?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"We're going to prom." She corrected him. "But don't sound too excited."

"Well, I just didn't know what we were going to prom." He laughed. "I didn't even go to my own prom."

"Yeah, but that's because you didn't have a hot date, but I do, so we just have to go, Lance." She rolled her eyes at him. "Even Danny and Zoey are going."

"We are?" I questioned. "Because a certain somebody hasn't asked me yet so as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going." I gave a pointed glare at Danny who just smiled sheepishly back at me.

"We have a few months, give it time." He defended.

I laughed and teasingly rolled my eyes at him. "What about you, Jason? Are you going?"

He shrugged. "I'm not sure yet."

"We could totally find you a date." Alice assured him.

"For the billionth time, Alice, I don't need you to find me a date." He laughed and shook his head.