30- Shattered Hearts Are Dangerous

Alice

“Everything is perfect.” I grinned as I overlooked the setup of the carnival-themed party. “Right? Say it’s perfect.” I jokingly demanded from Jason, who was standing right beside me. I asked him to come early so that he could help make sure that everything goes well because I tend to be a bit absent minded so I needed a second brain. Danny also arrived early, just so he could because he wanted to and I respect that- with him being Zoey’s boyfriend and all.

“It’s perfect.” Jason laughed. “Except for the fireworks.”

“Shut up about the fireworks!” I groaned. “I’m not perfect.”

“Well, maybe you should work on that.”

“You’re such a jerk.” I said with a laugh.

He smirked at me and then turned towards Danny and said something to him, but I don’t know what he said because he was very quiet and I couldn’t hear. I think that was intentional.

“What did you say?” I asked him curiously.

Jason just shrugged. “Something. Anyway, is that what you’re wearing for the party?”

I looked down at what I was wearing- skinny jeans and a t-shirt with a pair of sneakers with my hair in a quick pony tail. “Ew, no, stupid. I actually have to go get dressed soon. You two have to make sure everything is perfect while I’m gone because when I come back, I’m going to have Zoey with me. Understand?”

They both nodded, “Yeah, we’ll keep an eye on everything.”

“Good.” I sighed. “Everything is set for guests to arrive and everything and they should be showing up soon, but just make sure there’s no explosions or anything.”

“What should we do if something exploded?” Jason questioned.

I shrugged and began walking away to go back to Zoey’s house so that we could start getting ready for the party, which would take two hours at a minimum. “I don’t know, improvise or something.”

It took three hours and fifteen minutes to get both me and Zoey ready for the party with continuous texts from Jason while I checked up on the party every ten minutes to make sure everything was running smoothly. I could tell that Zoey was incredibly curious as to what was awaiting her downstairs for her party, but I was very good at keeping secrets, so I wasn’t giving anything away.

“You can’t look.” I demanded after I’d placed the silky blindfold over her eyes and taking her over to the golf cart that will drive us to the field.  

“I’m not looking.” She insisted.

“I mean it, Zoey!” I held her shoulders and walked her to the driveway. “Alice,” She laughed excitedly. “I swear to you, I’m not looking.”

“Are you positive?” I questioned one last time.

“You’re suffocating my face with a blind fold, I can’t look even if I want to.” She pointed out with another bubble of laughter.

“Okay, okay.” I appeased her as I led her into the seat of the golf cart and then sat down beside her.

We drove through the small forest area that was between Zoey’s house and the field where there was now a huge amount of guests that Jason and Danny helped gather. They informed me that everyone they asked promised an immediate RSVP because going to Zoey Chase’s birthday party was huge for them, I guess. I dunno, high schoolers are weird. The point is, there were a lot of people there.

“Okay, on the count of three. That’s when you can look. Ready?” I instructed Zoey after I stood her off of the golf cart with both of us practically jumping with excitement.