One Shot- StefanieAvalonMatei

*This is not written by me, this was written by a reader (SefanieAvalonMatei, obviously) so this did not actually happen in the story, it's just what SHE wants to happen. This ISN'T PART OF THE STORY.*

Alice's P.O.V:  

I slowly walked towards a bench in the dark. The music was pounding behind me, but I couldn't make out what the song really was. I could feel the slight alcohol reaching my head, and I knew I was a goner. I put my hands to my sides to hold off my balance as I attempted to walk on the damp grass of my back yard.

Slowly, when I reached the bench, I saw a lonely dark figure sitting on it. As I got closer I realized it was Jason. 

"Jason?" I said from a small distance. I knew it was him, but of course when the alcohol talks nothing's for sure.

"Yeah?" He said, taking his head out of his palms.

"Is- is everything ok? You don't look too good." I said, sitting down next to him. The cold feeling of wood hit my lower back, so I arched it away.

"Why geez, that's a nice compliment." He said smirking in the dark.

I lightly punched his arm, "you know what I mean." 

He sighed, then let his gaze look up ahead of him. "I don't know how I could have been so stupid." He said softly.

"You're many things Jason, but stupid isn't one of them." I replied almost instantly.

"I punched Lance tonight. Really hard. I heard what he did to you, and I couldn't bear it. He hurt you Alice." He said, and with that looked back my direction.

 His blue eyes glowed in the darkness, almost as if- as if he was teary eyed. No. That couldn't have been it. I was about to scratch my eyes for my vision to get better, but I remembered I had makeup on. I lowered my hand into my lap, then remained in the awkward silence.

"Thanks." I said after a while.

"For what?" He said sheepishly.

"For caring so much." I said, sending him a big smile. "He really broke my heart, and it makes me feel better that you care about me. Somebody here who actually does." I said, sighing.

"Don't be silly Alice, everybody loves you." He said, putting an arm over my shoulder. A warm, warm hand.

"If everybody does, then why did lance cheat on me?" I said. I lost it. I started crying right then and there. I could feel Jason wrapping me up in a hug, and I just sat there, sobbing on his nicely pressed checkered shirt. He held me there, and I just inhaled his scent while I let the tears flow freely down my face. The worst part was, I knew I was right. Not everybody loved me.

"He didn't deserve you Alice." He said, his voice booming. For a second, the music stopped. I popped my head up, then looked him right in the eyes.

"Do you really think so?" I said shyly.

"With every fiber of my being." He said, smiling.

"You're only saying that to be nice. You don't mean it Jason, I know it. Nobody cares Jason, nobody does. Nobody ever will." I said, ready to go on, but he stopped me.

"I do." 

That moment, I broke. For years I wanted lance, and nothing but lance, but now, seeing Jason like this, caring so much I- I broke. I suddenly knew, Jason was the one I wanted. He was caring, adorable, nice, talented, and he truly seemed to love me.

"Jason?" I asked.

"Yes Alice?" He said smiling his adorable smile.

"Do you love me?" I said out of the blue. I don't know what came to me, I just think I wanted to know the truth. I knew Jason would always tell me the truth no matter what, and this time I wanted to hear it. Not from zoey, not from lance, from him. Truly.

"Yes Alice, I do." He said, the smile turning into a serious face. 

"Kiss me then." I mumbled, biting my lip.

"Sorry?" He said, opening his eyes wide like dinner plates.

"Kiss me." I repeated, waiting for him to do something.

He inched in, my eyes locking on his lips, and his hand going on my cheek. His thumb drew small circles on my fair skin, and slowly, our lips collided. The kiss wasn't rough, it was passionate and sweet. I reluctantly let him take over, and we let our lips dance. I felt a warmth come from him, and I welcomed it. It felt- relieving. I felt like this was meant to happen all along. Jason was there all along, staring me right in the eye and I couldn't see it. He was the one.

Did he really need to scream on the top of the rooftops for me to understand it? 

He slowly dragged his tongue on my bottom lip and I happily granted him access. Our mouths danced, and I felt a strong passion go through me.

After a long make out session on that bench we separated to take a breath.

"Alice?" He said, a serious look crossing his face.

"Yes?" I said cheery.

"Are you only doing this because you're drunk?" He said sadly. Oh no. He tasted the alcohol on my tongue. Well of course he did, you had about 7 shots dummy.

"N-no." I stuttered. "Didn't you know that alcohol activated the part of the brain that shows honesty?" I said smartly. I didn't know what to do to save myself. I couldn't tell him that I loved him because- I wasn't sure.

"Yes, I did know that." He said, a small grin on his lips. "But Alice, are you just playing with me?" 

His words stung me. "I would never do anything to hurt you Jason. Truly. I could never even dream about that. Please believe me." I said, pleading.

"I do." He said, and with that, we kissed again.