31- Are We Celebrating Taylor Swift?

Alice

“He told you that Jason likes you?”

I nodded. “Yes. Well, he used the words ‘in love’ but yeah, that’s the general idea of it. Keegan is so stupid sometimes, I swear.”

“Are you sure about that?” Zoey asked me slowly and oddly quiet.

“What do you mean?” I questioned her as I brushed through my hair as we got ready for the Monday of school.

“I mean,” Zoey drawled out. “I think I might agree with Keegan. In fact, I really do agree with Keegan.”

“You do?” I questioned incredulously.

She nodded sheepishly. “Yeah, Jason admitted it to me, actually.”

“What?!” I shrieked at Zoey’s confession. “You’re lying.”

“I’m not.” She insisted. “He told me on Saturday, actually.”

“Jason told you that he likes me?” I reiterated. I obviously must have heard her wrong or something, because me and Jason are just friends and I’m pretty sure that’s how Jason feels too. He’s a terrible liar, surely he wouldn’t be able to keep that secret from me. It’s kind of a huge secret to be holding, I think.

“Yes, but I’m not telling you this because I think you should ditch Lance for Jason, but-“

“I would never do that.” I said quickly. “Like, ever.”

“I know that, but I think that you should know so that you can help him get a girlfriend or something or like, help him get over you maybe. I don’t know, I just feel bad for the guy.”

“You feel bad for him?” I questioned, starting to paint my nails.

“Yes,” Zoey confirmed. “He’s got it so bad for you, Ali, and you don’t even know. It’s super sad, really.”

“That’s so not true. Now, go get dressed and don’t forget to wear red.”

“Why are we wearing red today?” She laughed, abiding by my request and moving towards the closet. “Are we celebrating Taylor Swift?”

I sighed loudly as I continued painting my nails with a deep red color. “I told you on Friday and it’s been all over school, Zoe. Today is Red for Equality at school.”

“Equality as in gay rights?” She wondered through the closet door.

“Yep, that’s the one.” I chirped.

“Okay then.” She sighed. “So I take it that we’re done talking about Jason then?”

“Yes.” I confirmed. “And hurry up because I still need to get dressed too.”

“Geesh, you’re bossy today.” Zoey teased as she walked out of the closet while I was fanning my hands around to dry the fresh paint. She was wearing a leather-looking red dress with a triangle of fabric missing from the center, exposing a part of her waist. She was wearing black platform booties and a demented black heart necklace with screws coming out of it, which was very creepy if you ask me, but I didn’t mention anything.

“I am not bossy.” I defended. “I’m just a bit tired.”

“Why are you tired? You had most of yesterday to spend all by yourself.”

“Yeah, well I’m just tired. Anyway, you haven’t told me about Saturday night with Danny, how’d that go?”

Zoey grinned at me and I quickly knew exactly how it went and I was silently hoping that she wouldn’t indulge in a play by play of her night. “Let’s just say that I’m still having trouble walking.”