Chapter 5: Romeo X Juliet; The Rebel X The new girl

I didn't know what to say. I mean, everything was so different when you are with a guy alone, in town, with nothing planned. Ideas of things went through my mind, and suddenly I blushed as some awkward pictures were put in my mind.

I patted my cheeks, telling myself not to think those things. "I don't really know. I guess that...." He stopped and looked at me. "....why are you slapping your cheeks like that?"

I stopped and looked up realizing he noticed. "Oh, nothing. I was just trying to get my own attention. Hehe. Weird, huh." It was silent for a minute, until I broke the silence. "Ya know, we could go get something to eat. I mean, we have nothing else to do."

His face suddenly brightened up. "Yeah! Let's get go somewhere! You have an idea where we should go!?" He looked really excited, as if there was a sparkle of joy in his eyes.

"We could go to this one place my mom...." I stopped. My mom. Tears fell down, remembering her death. My mom. I really miss her still.

"Luce. What's wrong." He pulled my chin up, staring at me for a second. "Luce. Your so...." He wiped my tears, and his eyes widened. He leaned in and closed his eyes.

What is he doing! I...I... Before I could stop him, a sense of warmth over-flowed in me as our lips meet. His touch was so delicate and warm, I loved it. Wow. I never imagined that a kiss was like this.

We kissed for a few minutes, until our breath could not be held any longer. We pulled apart and panted for a few seconds, then he covered his mouth in shock. "I...I...I'm sorry!" He turned around and his voice went strict. "I am sorry that you believed that I was your friend. I am nothing of the sort. I do what I want."

He started to walk, but it accelerated to a run. "Natsu! Wait!" I tried to grab him, but wasn't successful. "Natsu...." I whispered as I felt my lips, where they had touched his. The rain started at a slow drizzle, but began to pore in only a few seconds.

I stood there, not knowing what just happened, really. First we had run away from Gajeel and Levi, to leave them alone. Then next thing I know, we were kissing. And not to long ago, he said that he wasn't ever my friend. What....what did Natsu mean by that? Did I really....miss judge Natsu's personality?

I looked at the ground as my hand fell down by my side from where is was. The rain continued to drench me, as I started to walk home.

Suddenly lightning crashed, and I freaked. I was scared of lightning, and hated it so much.

The lightning hit again. Running, I hid in the nearest hiding spot. Under the table outside. I wasn't helpless, but felt like it. What just happened today? Why did this happen to me? Was it really wrong to trust Natsu?

I continued to hid under the table, in the darkest corner, like a scared cat.

Out of nowhere I heard footsteps drawing near. What is that! I tried to scoot back farther into the corner, but it didn't' work. I was scared.

Thunder and lightning crashed yet again. I screamed. "AHHHHH!" I had my ears covered and my eyes shut, but as I uncovered my ears, and opened my eyes, I saw two people crouching down in front of me. Gajeel. Levi.

"What's wrong. Do you not like lightning, Lu-chan?" Levi's voice was calming as I jumped up and hugged her.

"I hate lightning! I hate this! Natsu was so mean! Why did he have to be so mean to me! All I wanted was a friend!" I could feel tears forming in my eyes, and couldn't' hold it in again. I let it flow out of my eyes and onto Levis back.