Chapter 13: The text for help

My breathing was heavy, as I had woken up, yet again, after attempting to get some sleep.

'I like you....no....love you so much.....' His words kept flowing into my head. '....love you..." Those specific words kept popping into my head. I was just too surprised by them. Every time I did fall asleep, I would have dreams about him, that were a bit too high on the rating chart, and also a little too much for me to handle.

"Natsu....I really wish I wasn't awake when you said that, because now I can't think of you as just a friend." I was sweating way too much for my comfort, so I pulled off the covers, letting a breath of fresh, cold air hit my skin, instantly cooling me off. I rolled to my side to check my alarm clock.

7:30... I groaned, realizing that I had to get up in just ten minutes, anyways. Why now.... I just don't know how to take Natsu's words, because, if he know I was awake, he may of been just playing me, but if he didn't.... I stopped there, now knowing how to react, still.

Forcing myself out of bed, I took a quick, refreshing shower. Along with the water, I let my problems wash away for the moment, and just relaxed. "Ahhhh...." I let out a breath of relief as the hot water ran through my silky smooth hair, and down my back with it's continuous warmth. It was lovely.

Finally after a short shower-aka 15 minutes- I came out of it with my mind decided. "He probably didn't know I was awake..." I began, but then thought for a second whispering out a 'I hope' in the middle then finished off my conclusion I had come to. "...so I guess I will just pretend that it didn't happen."

Wrapping myself with a towel, I walked out of the bathroom, into my bedroom. Quickly, I picked out and put them on. I just grabbed a tank-top, a mini-skirt, and long socks with knee-high boots. I truly did not care what I wore, because I was just plain tired from my long day. Plus, it was nice outside, so I just wore something that would be appropriate for the day.

Combing my hair, I decided to let it flow this time, and just not put it up. Personally, it was probably just my mind saying 'I look good like this, and you probably should save the thinking for your test today...' "Wait a minute...."

I froze in place, remembering that today was the entrance exams for college. I really wanted to study, because I already had an idea of what I wanted to be. "S**t! I forgot to study!" Smacking my face, I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door.

I ran as fast as I could to the school. I have to hurry, so I can get some studying in! I have to- AHHH! I tripped, making my bag fall, along with something in it. "Owww...." I rubbed my knee, which was now hurting and looked around. "I really need to be more careful." Grabbing all my stuff, without getting up, I saw a scarf.

Oh, yeah. I forgot....he left it there. I grabbed it, making sure it wasn't dirty. I wonder why it is so important to him... right as i was thinking that, I chill went down my spine, as I realized how cold the air was.

I looked up in the sky. "It's sunny, but....it's still windy." I wrapped it around my neck. I'm sure he won't mind. I mean, we are kind of friends, even if he doesn't' want to admit it in public, he knows that we are.

As I got up, I brushed off the remaining dirt that was left on me and began to walk, but was stopped, when someone bumped into me, making me fall again. Sheesh, what is with today...

"Sorry...." I saw a hand being held out in front of me. I looked up by instinct. "Lu-chan? Wow! What a coincidence!" Taking Levy's hand, she helped me up.

"Thanks." I looked at her, when something dawned on me. "Say... why are you walking this way? I thought you lived on the other side of town."

Her face turned really red. Red as a red balloon, actually. "W-well. Ga-gajeel had to take me to his house yesterday, because I had drank a little too much." She paused for a moment. "Speaking of which...weren't you with Natsu yesterday?" She stared at me with her oval eyes.