Chapter 11: Only a memory and a white scarf

Natsu was smiling ear to ear as we entered the karaoke place. "Yes! We are finally here!" He jumped a bit, almost like a little kid in hyper mode.

"Yeah. Guess we are." I looked around as I stepped through the door.

I paused for a moment to take in what was really happening at that second. Wow. I never expected for it to be like this. Even if it is supposed to be a great day that Natsu and I are-My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a familiar, almost silent, girly voice. "Lu-chan!"

When I turned to look who it was, I didn't have a chance to see exactly before I was punched on. "Hey, Levy! How are you?"

She let go of her over-powerful grip that she had on me and almost fell from losing her balance. Before she could fall, though, Gajeel caught her. That's odd... "Careful there. I need to take you home soon." Gajeel sighed.

I was perplexed. "Is Levy okay?"

For a moment, he didn't answer. "She kinda had her first try of a drink. Then just got all loopy. Shes not as innocent as I thought she was." His voice went almost to a whisper. "And a really light drinker, too, as a matter a fact." Levy giggled at that, then hiccuped a few more times. "Well, I better get you home. See you guys. You take care of Lucy, Natsu. Got it?!"

As he stepped out the door, Gajeel gave Natsu a death glare before he turned completely and left. That was odd. And kind of out of the blue too. I mean...Levy drank? Interesting. I put my hand on my chin as I thought. And what was that glare for that Gajeel gave Natsu?

Shrugging it off, Natsu paid and lead me into the room. "I don't know how good you will think my singing is, and I am pretty sure it is bad sounding, but all well. It's the best I could think of." He looked at the ground and smiled. His hair kind of dropped down a bit to where it partially covered his face, which kind of fascinated me in a since. He's kind of....hot...

Once I realized what I thought about what I felt my eyes grow wide a bit in surprise, then i patted my face a bit. No no no. This just won't work. There is no way I should be thinking these things. I mean....he technically isn't even my friend starting tomorrow, so why am I getting worked up! I just can't! Maybe...no..yes...no...wait, what wa- "Lucy!" He patted my head, getting my attention all the way. "You in there?" As I raised my head to look at him, he laughed.

"What?" I stared at him for a moment as he continued to laugh really loud and uncontrollably. Even though I wouldn't admit it, I kind of found the way he looked when he laughed attractive. What was with all these ideas and thoughts of Natsu being cute, hot, and attractive? Well, to tell you the truth, i didn't know.

"It's just...." He started to catch his breath. "...it's not you, it's just your reaction to some things." Natsu paused for a moment. "Anyways. Sorry for bugging you if I did, it's just....one, the karaoke is working, and two..." I could see his face turn a little red around the cheeks. "I was a little worried. That's all. You looked so deep in thought, that I was hoping that it wasn't my fault, or something" That made me smile. I continued to look at him, while he dismissed the fact that he was blushing with the excuse that it was way too warm i the room. I knew that he was just a bit embarrassed, so I let it go instead of consulting him. Hmm....I kind of am curious if it really was because he was embarrassed. All well.

"So. Who's going first?" Natsu was looking over his shoulder at me. I gave him a look like 'you know I am not going first' and he noticed. "Ha ha ha...." He did a kind of shocked fake laugh. "Sorry, but I am not going to go first."

Holding the mic in front of me with his face filled with curiosity. I heaved a sigh. Well...I guess nothing could hurt. "Fine." I let a slight half of a grin come out. It was more of a smirk then a grin, though.